Chapter 42: Alex, would you stay with me forever?!

But now... She was scared. She was scared to die. She was scared to live without him or to be without him. And she was especially scared to lose him. He was her everything and she could not live without him. It was so scary to just think like that.

She would rather die...

Alex's eyebrows furrowed a little as he slowly opened his eyes. What greeted him was a beautiful slender hand blocking the sunlight. He was stunned for a second as he traced the person by the hand and found Lisa. She was in a daze and didn't realize he had woken up until Alex suddenly grabbed her hand and kissed it. And before she could realize what's going on, Alex has already pulled her in his embrace so tightly that she felt slightly suffocated. Still, she also wrapped her arms around him tightly as if she was scared that he would disappear the moment she let go.

She was still scared, she was insecure and traumatized. She was scared of the past repeating itself. Then she pulled her head out of his embrace and looked at him in the same eyes she fell in love with ages ago, where she could only see her own reflection and nothing else. Then she climbed on top of him as held his cheek. Slowly, she comes nearer and nearer as she closed her eyes and kissed him. Alex was shocked. He noticed for the first time how long and beautiful her eyelashes were.

After some time, she let go. Then she whispered beside his ear.

" Alex, would you stay with me forever?!"

Alex gazed at her deeply as he mumbled," Yes... "

Then he put his hand on her head as he said.

" I promise I will never disappear again!"

Lisa said in a low voice in his ear," Hmm... cuz you know, I can't live without you anymore. So if you leave me alone, I don't have the heart to wait any longer. I will come to you. Okay?" Her voice sounded so emotional that his heart was in a mess.

He averted his gaze as he replied with his hands clenched " Yeah, I know." Lisa then grabbed his hand and opened his clenched fingers before entwining them with hers as she said.

" You know that I love you, Right?" She asked him.

Alex felt bad seeing her so vulnerable, so insecure. He clenched her hand and said," Yeah, I love you too."

Then Lisa lay down on the bed. She curled up on the bed and hide her face in his arms. Alex put his hand on her head as he played with her hair, his other hand was below his head as he closed his eyes and listened to her. As she was lying beneath him, her head only reached his stomach. 

Then she asked," Alex, do you remember our promise?"

" Hmm?" Alex opened his eyes as he thought about it. Then Lisa said," You have promised me before too, that you will stay with me forever."

Hearing that Alex recalled his memories.

" Brother Alex, Will you stay with me forever?!"

 Alex was shocked as he said," No, we can't stay together forever. Only married couples can do."

She didn't exactly know the meaning of married couple but she had said," Then we can become a married couple too, can't we?!"

Alex was stunned. She asked him with her big round innocent eyes and they rendered him speechless. And then after a long time, he said.

" We can, but only after my brother and sister are married."

" Oh, then I will be waiting for Brother Alen's little brother and sister to get married."

" Okay."

Alex didn't know why he forgets this all. Why he was so consumed with rage and revenge that he forget to protect and cherish the one he still had, but it doesn't matter anymore.

Alex suddenly pushed her down on the back and climbed on top of her. Lisa was so shocked her eyes were wide open. Alex just gazed at her lovingly as he slowly whispered in her ear.

" Lisa, It's time to fulfil our promise from before. So tell me, when will you marry me?!"

Lisa was thoroughly shocked and she was stunned. She didn't react for a long time but Alex kept waiting for her.

After a long time, she finally reacted. Her long eyelashes fluttered and her eyes become a little teary as she said in a small voice," I've always been waiting... " A tear slipped out of her left eye.

Alex smiled. He wiped her tears with his lips. And then their lips finally met. They both had tears in their eyes. Lisa didn't know how long she has waited for this day.

Alex was guilty but now the past didn't matter to him. All he wanted to do was to tressure the things he still had because he was scared to lose anyone again.

After some hours...

Alex wrapped themselves in the blanket after they had bathed as he was scared that Lisa would catch a cold. Then he sent a message to Zayn saying that he and Lisa will come later so they can go ahead. And then he embraced Lisa and kissed her on the forehead as if she was some tressure and then drifted to a peaceful sleep.

While in the other room, Nicole finally woke up as she stretched her hands sleepily but they were blocked by something. She looked up and saw Zayn gazing at her with his head resting on his arm. His hairs were a mess but still, he looked so handsome to her. 

Nicole pulled her hands back and hugged him as she nestled herself into his arms comfortably while smiling. Zayn also smiled. Now it felt good to live like this. They missed this feeling of happiness for so long that it felt like a paradise now. 

How he wished he could meet her earlier. He really envies his brother for that. His brother was with Sister Lisa since they were teenagers. But the past didn't matter. He is going to love her senseless now and he will leave no regret in this life. 

They lazed around a little but woke up quickly. Zayn saw Alex's message and went to tour around with Nicole. They come across a lot of beautiful things there. They were enjoying the streets until Alex and Lisa come as they had plans.

While Alex was already awake. His head was resting on his hand as he was lying on his right side. Lisa was sleeping on her left side while her head was bent downwards. Her hands were in front of her. Alex was right in front of her but her face was downwards.

She was sleeping so vulnerably even though she was the strongest woman he had ever seen. Cuddling to herself even though he was right in front of her.

Lisa finally woke up after some hours. When she opened her eyes, the first thing she saw was Alex's bare chest. Then she saw herself as she remembered what happened. She blushed as her whole face turned red. She tried to peek at Alex to see if he was still sleeping but unfortunately, he was wide awake and staring at her as he smiled.

Lisa quickly hides her face in his arms again as she was embarrassed. Alex smiled as he grabbed her cheeks and pull her face up. He looked at her in the eyes as he said.

" It's okay now. Don't worry I won't tease you. Let's go. Zayn and Nicole are still waiting for us." He then kissed her on her forehead and took out their clothes. He took his own clothes as he went into the bathroom and come out in 10 minutes. 

Alex said to Lisa," You can go bathe now. I have prepared everything."

Lisa was still embarrassed as she wrapped the blanket around herself and went into the bathroom. She comes out in a bathrobe as she had a habit where she would not change her clothes in the bathroom. Alex knew that but he took a towel and dried her hair before going out to let her change her clothes.