Additional Chapter 171: Arthur Anthony 10.

The next day, after breakfast, he offered to drive Nicole to work. Zayn was unwilling at first as he always drops her off but since Arthur rarely asked, he agreed. He also knew about Grace as Nicole informed him. He couldn't do much so he kept quiet and supported Nicole with her decisions. However, he was also worried about Arthur. 

While driving, Arthur told.

" Mom, I looked into her background and I found something. She is divorced. She runs away from home. Her daughter has Leukaemia. She quit her job."

Nicole was shocked. Then Arthur told her how and why. Nicole felt bad for Grace.  

" Her parents must be worried. She must want to go but her regret may be making her hesitate. However, the most important thing right now is her daughter."

Nicole becomes very serious.

" For a mother, if they lost their children, they will lose themselves for sure. Grace is a good person and I am sure that she is a very great mother. Arthur, for now, forgot everything and just help her through this hard time. And yeah, make arrangements for it. I will treat her daughter. After all, if you do get together then she will be my granddaughter. I can't believe you are so young but may become a father now. I am happy for you."

" Thank you, mom. I also know the top priority is to cure Eliza. And mom, blood ties are not the only things that make us closer. I believe I will love Eliza as I would love my own daughter. She is the daughter of my love. I will love her regardless she is my blood or not."

 Hearing such mature and responsible words from her son, Nicole felt proud.

After dropping Nicole off, Arthur went to work. He also asked for 3 months leave or else they can also resign her. He asked his supervisor to deal with him as anyone else. The supervisor allowed the leave and said that he was being given leave instead of being resigned because even if he was someone else, the hospital treasures his talent and didn't want to lose it.

Arthur wanted to do the best for her. Especially since it's such a critical time.

He knew her address and quickly went to her home. He rang the bell. It was a normal 2bhk flat. It was simply not luxurious. After a while, the door opened. Grace looked at him and was shocked. She was wearing a simple but beautiful set of bluish-grey pyjamas. Her hair wasn't too messy but neither combed. Her eyes were red as if she hasn't slept for days. She looked unbalanced. However, her elegance was still there despite that. 

Seeing her, Arthur felt bad. A woman like her should always have someone by her side. She is someone to be treasured and taken care of carefully. She is someone who should not be tired out. 

Though she couldn't understand his loving and sad eyes for her, she still felt uncomfortable looking at them.

" I have something to talk about."

Grace looked at him and felt strange. She knew he could get her information easily if he wanted but she also knew very well that the royal family never does anything disgraceful. Still, if he comes all the way here, he may have something important to say. When she noticed her appearance, she felt displeased as she was very particular about these things.

" Please come in." Grace moved to let him in. 

Her place was clean but there were signs that people don't stay much in the house. After Arthur sat on the sofa, Grace first went inside her bedroom and checked upon her daughter who was sleeping.  Then she tidied herself and changed into some jeans and a shirt before coming out. Then she asked him what would he like. Then she took out two juice glasses from the cabinet and put two ice cubes in both. Then she added the pure mango juice to them. After they sat down, Grace took a sip and asked.

" You can speak about what you wanted to talk about. "

" ... Yes. Would you like to talk on the balcony? Fresh air would help to brighten up the atmosphere."

" Of course."

" Let's go then."

Grace opened the balcony and left the gate open. There were two chairs as they sat down. The view was good with cool wind blowing in.

Arthur saw that her face was a bit red and asked worriedly.

" Are you alright? Your face is red."

" I am okay."

It seems like she may be getting a favour.

" Wait a minute." Arthur put his glass on the small table in middle. Then he went inside. Grace was shocked wondering where he was going. Arthur went inside and picked up the shovel. When he was sitting there he remembered seeing it. Of course, he wouldn't go into her room. 

He come out and wrapped it around Grace. She was again stunned by his actions. Arthur then sat down. Seeing her looking t him like that, he smiled lightly and looked at the sky. Finally, he said.

" I am treating you like this because you are special to me. And I don't treat any stranger like this. You are the only one. I want to protect you and everything that's precious to you. I know you are going through a lot right now. I don't want anything from you. I will let you do everything you want but please just let me help you. Let me take care of you and Eliza until she is cured. Please. I promise I won't be of any inconvenience to you. I don't want anything to go wrong. Please let me just be of help to you. I request you... "

Grace couldn't say anything. Though she suspected that he may be courting her, she couldn't believe it. Someone of his status falling for someone like her. She didn't think bad of him. She also believed she was a good person but she just suspected that man can love someone forever. 

However, he asked so earnestly and he wasn't asking for anything but to help her. Suddenly, Arthur spoke again.

" You don't need to care about me favouring me. I am from the royal family. And the royal family never favours anyone. It is their responsibility and obligation to help their citizens. You won't owe me anything. I am just helping you or rather I just want to save an innocent life that you treasure."

" Please let me help you. I promise I won't ask for anything. I know if you lose your daughter, you will lose yourself. I can help and do my best to save her. Do it for your daughter."