Chapter 4: I...Miss Her!

Zayn comes to his senses and nodded his head.

''Okay, Can I meet him now?'' Zayn asked.

Doctor: '' Yes, you can but don't let him get stressed. The more he rest, the better he gets.''

Zayn: '' Thank you.''

Doctor: ''Don't mention it, Ok then.''

The doctor and nurses left. Then Zayn returned to the room. He saw Alex looking dazedly at nothing. Zayn went near Alex and called him,'' Brother'' 

Alex heard someone calling him and snapped out of his daze. He looked at Zayn and smiled slightly as he said in a hoarse voice,'' Little brother, you've become a man already.'' He was smiling but a deep sadness was hidden behind his eyes.

Zayn looked dazedly at Alex. And then, Suddenly he hugged Alex as he said'' Brother, you're really awake. I am really glad!''

Alex smiled.'' Yeah. How are you?''

'' I am good but....but sis....'' tears almost fall from his eyes. Tears welled up in Alex's eyes also but he controlled himself as he said to Zayn'' It's okay now, I am here. Don't cry anymore.'' 

Zayn wiped his tears as he realized Alex was a patient. He said,'' You must be hungry brother, I will bring you some porridge.''

Then Zayn left. Alex stared dazedly at the door as Zayn left. A teardrop falls silently from the corner of his eye. He silently stared at himself. He looked at his hands, his torse his legs. They all felt so unfamiliar and strange to him. An 8 years old boy suddenly becoming a 23 years old man was just so strange. He felt like he was just 8 years old yesterday. Like everything happened yesterday. Zayn brought the porridge in. He saw that Alex was staring dazedly somewhere again. He went there and took the table out and put the porridge in front of him. He said'' Brother, eat some porridge.''

Alex nodded. he picked up his spoon, however, it fell out of his hand as he was weak as he just woke up. Zayn took the spoon, scooped some porridge in it as he blew on it, and brought it near Alex's mouth. Alex looked at him for a second as he remembered how he and Robin used to feed Zayn and now he is feeding them.....or just him.

Alex silently eats the porridge. Zayn asked,'' Should I get more for you, brother.'' Alex said,'' No'' Zayn said,'' ok, I will put the utensils away first then.'' 

''Yeah.''

Zayn put the utensils away and closed the table in front of Alex. He then set in the chair in front of the bed as he looked at Alex worriedly. He asked'' Brother, are you alright?!''

'' Yeah, why do you ask?''

''No, It's just that, when I come in, you seem dazed. Is there something in your mind? Tell me if you do.''

'' Nah. There is nothing. I am just feeling tired.''

'' You should sleep then!''

'' Okay, you rest too, it's almost 12:00 now.''

'' Yeah!''

Alex went to sleep while Zayn does some work on his laptop. Then he called someone and said,'' Send those people right now to protect my brother. We should always be alert. Ok then.'' Then Zayn closes his laptop and sleeps on the sofa. 

In the middle of the night, he heard some voices as he woke up. He was shocked by what he saw. Alex was up. He was crying silently, he was trembling as he tried to stop himself from crying. Zayn quickly got up worriedly. Alex's body stiffened as he quickly wiped his tears. Zayn asked worriedly,'' Brother, why are you crying? Is your body hurting? should I call Doctor!!'' Zayn said as he was going to press the red button to call the doctor, however, Alex stopped him.

'' No. I am fine.''

'' Why were you crying then?!''

'' Its nothing, I am alright'' 

'' Please tell me, brother. What happened?''

'' Nothing. It's just....just'' tears fell from Alex's eyes as he said.

'' What?'' Zayn asked worriedly.

'' I...I felt like everything happened tomorrow. I...miss her.'' Alex cried.

Zayn stiffened as tears form in his eyes. This topic was taboo for both of them. It directly touches deep in their heart. They don't dare talk about it too much. It felt so bad that they don't even dare think about it. Alex was feeling as though it was tomorrow only when he lost her. It hurts so much that it hardened their heart. They felt cold towards the strangers. The pain took away the kindness deep inside their heart.

Zayn looked at Alex as he said'' Brother, do you know, after that incident 15 years ago, I was all alone. Memories of you both keep coming in my mind. It was really... hard for me...'' Zayn said.

Alex looked at Zayn and call him near him. Zayn comes near him when Alex suddenly patted his head like he was a child from back then as he said,'' No need to fear now! Your big brother is back.'' 

They truly let it out now since they have someone to share it with. Zayn said,'' Brother, promise me, you will never leave me alone. Ha?!!''

 Alen hugged him as he said,'' Yeah. We both have to live through the end......for Robin's sake. No matter what!''

Next day.....

Alex was sleeping on the bed while Zayn was on the chair with his head on the bed. He was sound asleep when the door creaked open and someone entered silently.