Chapter 19: She had died.

After some hours, Zayn was done looking at the stock market. He looked down to see Nicole who had fallen asleep in his arms while reading her novel. He runs his hands through her face, Her eyebrows, her nose, and her beautiful lips. She was so beautiful even while sleeping. 

Zayn grabbed a blanket and gently wrapped it around her. Nicole cuddled in his arms. Zayn leaned his head on hers and closed his eyes.

.......................

In the secret base..........

In Alex's private room, on the bed, Lisa was lying unconscious with the doctor checking her condition and Alex standing at the side. The doctor has already treated her wound and said that she will wake up in ten hours but it was currently 9 hours since she falls unconscious so he called the doctor.

'' Boss, there is nothing to worry about. Miss Lisa will surely wake up in some time. There is nothing wrong with her. I have already infused extra glucose into her so that she will wake up sooner.''

After the doctor left, Alex sat beside the bed as he took her hand and kissed it on the back. He looked at her worriedly. After three hours, Lisa finally woke up. She looked at the ceiling and didn't understand where she was. Her eyes caught the sight of glucose hanging there and, Then she remembered that she got injured. After that...

As soon as she remembered what had happened, her eyes widened as she looked around her hurriedly. As she turned to the left side, she saw some sleeping with their head resting on her bed while he sat on a chair. Lisa recognized him. It was... Alex.

Silent tears fall out of her eyes. She couldn't saw his face as it was turned to the other side. Still, she knew it was him. Then she realized her hand was in his. Very carefully, she pulled her hand out, and then she runs her hand through his hair. As her fingers felt his soft hairs, a smile formed on her face. Her eyes were still filled with water as she continued to play with his hair. 

It felt so surreal to have him by her side. As she was hurt at the back, she was lying prone. She felt uncomfortable as she wanted to turn sideways but just as she moved, a sharp pain hit her as a cry escaped her lips.

'' Ahh!'' Lisa quickly lowered her voice but she was too late. Alex was already awake. He heard her voice and was woke up in shock as he quickly got up and looked towards her to see if she was alright. When he saw her teary eyes, he got worried as he asked,'' What happened?! Are you alright?! Is it hurting?!''

Lisa was also shocked by his anxious voice as she replied in a low voice,'' I am alright!''

'' Should I call the doctor?!'' Alex asked as he wasn't sure if she was alright. 

'' No, I am alright!'' Lisa tried to get up. Alex saw this and quickly came towards her to support her.

'' Don't get up! You will hurt yourself!'' He said. 

'' Water.'' Lisa didn't insist on getting up as her wound was hurting. She felt thirsty as she asked him for water.

'' Okay, wait a minute!'' Alex quickly filled water in the glass from the dispenser as he brought it to her. Then he picked a straw and put it in the glass as he squatted down beside the bed and brought the glass towards her. 

'' Drink it.'' He said softly. Lisa then drank from the straw as she felt better. Alex saw that there were some water droplets at the side of her mouth as he wiped them with his thumb. Lisa was stunned. 

'' Do you want anything else?'' Alex asked.

'' No,'' Lisa replied after some time. Then she asked,'' Where have you been?''