Chapter 26: More Fragile Than A Child.

Nicole went back to the room and the servant followed with the golden trolley that carries the dishes.

When she opened the door, she saw Zayn was in deep thought as he didn't notice they have entered the room at all.

In all these years, Zayn had many nightmares related to his parents and sister but this one was slightly different. Many times he saw his sister leaving with his parents or sometimes with his brother too. But this time, it was different.

As Zayn was in deep thoughts, he didn't notice that Nicole has entered the room.

Nicole saw that Zayn was in deep thoughts and didn't want to disturb him. Therefore she silently signalled the servant to not make any voices as they entered the room. Nicole was going to let the servant put the food on the side table but Zayn had already noticed them.

'' Your back?''

'' Huh huh,'' Nicole nodded her head.

Zayn saw that and didn't say anything as Nicole let the servant arrange the table for them. After the servant left Nicole sat opposite Zayn and asked.

'' What were you thinking about so deeply earlier?''

'' Nothing.''

Nicole also didn't think too much about it.

As Zayn still had a fever, he felt weak and Nicole also noticed it. He kept frowning from time to time and eat very slowly. When he put his spoon down, Nicole knew he was going to say he had enough, and therefore, she quickly scooped some food in her spoon and brought it towards Zayn as she said.

'' You can tell me if you are feeling weak. I will feed you so eat quickly.'' As she said this, Nicole pushed the spoon near his mouth and said,'' Ah... ''

'' ..... '' Zayn was silent for a minute before he opened his mouth and silently eat. He was helpless before her.

After eating, Nicole called the servent to take the utensils away. Then she went into the washroom to wash her hand before she took a towel and soaked it into the water before bringing it out.

When she got out of the bathroom, she saw that Zayn was trying to get up from the bed. She quickly went towards him and stopped him.

'' Why are you getting up?'' She quickly held him down and said,'' Sit down quickly!''

Zayn sat back on her insisting. Nicole then wiped his hands for him. 

Zayn just stared at her quietly. After wiping his hands, Nicole put the towel back into the bathroom and come out. Seeing Zayn sitting obediently on the bed, she smiled. 

She strode towards Zayn and sat beside him. Then She stared at him with gentle eyes.

'' Let's sleep. Otherwise, you will be tired.''

'' Hmm...''

Nicole tucked him under the quilt as she turned around to leave. However, a hand suddenly grabbed her wrist. Nicole turned back and glanced at him puzzledly.

Seeing her confused gaze, Zayn slowly moved to the side and patted the space beside him.

Nicole saw him like this and felt warm inside her. She gently went under the blanket with him. As soon as she gets in, Zayn hugged her tightly and buried his head in her arms.

Nicole also hugged him tightly. At this movement, he seemed more fragile than a child. After a long time, she finally heard his steady breathing. Nicole sighed and stared at Zayn. She didn't feel good seeing him like this. What exactly happened to him?! She wanted to ask so much but she couldn't. Because she knew it was his deepest scar that she should not touch. Until he said so himself, she would not ask him. But seeing him like this made her worried.

They become very close despite the little time they had to spend together. But there were still some things that could only be waited. These things are too sensitive to be hastened.