Chapter 35: Actually, I was the one who liked chocolates!

Zayn and Nicole sat down and greeted his brother and Lisa. " Bhai, Bhabijaan."

" Everything's ready, right?" Alex asked.

" Yeah!"

" I have also brought some snacks. You can have it if you are hungry." Alex asked. 

" Oh... I would like some! Thank you, Bhai!" Nicole said.

" Haha. Here have some," Alex said as he put out the snacks on the table. There were potato chips and banana chips and doughnuts with some pastries while some cans of beer and cold drinks were also there. 

" There is a lot here," Nicole exclaimed.

" Yeah! They won't be enough even if we eat till morning." Lisa commented.

" There's still some more," Zayn said as he pulls out the bag he brought earlier.

There were chocolate pastries and some Cadbury's and a lot of the Galaxy Cadbury. Most of the snacks contained chocolate. There was even white chocolate Cadbury's. They were all Nicole's favourite and though she felt warmth, she also felt exaggerated. Isn't this a bit too much to eat?

Alex blurted out," I knew you liked chocolate but this much! Can you even eat it?!" Lisa also looked at them in agreement with Alex.

Nicole was embarrassed to tell them that she was the one who liked chocolate so much but felt embarrassed," Ac-Actually, I was the one who liked chocolate and he brought it for me." Nicole blushed.

Alex and Lisa were stunned for a movement before they looked at each other when Nicole spoke again.

" But I didn't expect him to bring this much." Nicole stares at Zayn as she said.

Alex and Lisa laughed. Nicole eats some snacks but Zayn didn't let her eat too much and said," Don't eat a lot. It will hurt your teeth otherwise."

Nicole looked at Zayn with an accusing glare.' Then who said you to brought only snacks of chocolates and sweets'

Zayn smiled when he saw her accusing stare. She looked so cute like this but sadly she rarely got angry or feel annoyed. He took a pack of potato chips from the table and gave it to her with a can of cold drink.

Nicole was too hungry to care about it any longer and gobbled down her snacks. It was night time and they still had some hours to arrive at their destination. Nicole felt a bit sleepy from just having eaten but knew it wasn't right to go to sleep right after stuffing herself.

Meanwhile, Alex and Lisa also felt sleepy but there were only two beds. They had enough space for two people on a single bed. Nicole saw that they looked sleepy and said,'' Bhai, Bhabijaan, both of you seems sleepy. Don't mind us and go to sleep."

" Yeah," Alex said awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his head while Lisa didn't say anything and blushed faintly. 

Just as Nicole was going to say that she wasn't sleeping yet so they can occupy her bed, Zayn put his hand on her head and said in a low voice." We will sleep after some time." and then he turned to Alex and Lisa.

" Bhai, don't mind us and go to sleep. We won't disturb you guys."

" Oh... Okay!" Alex awkwardly replied. Alex and Lisa somehow settled themselves on the bed. Alex pulled the curtains on the bed to sleep. Lisa laid inside. Though she blushed a little, Lisa wasn't the shy type instead Alex was the one. They laid like that for 5 to 10 minutes. 

Then they heard some voices down and saw that Zayn and Nicole also went to bed. Now Alex felt less awkward. He turned to the other side and saw that Lisa was laying with her back towards him. He felt bad that he didn't do anything for her. Looking at her he realized, she looked so lonely. The van moved a little and then Lisa also turned this side and opened her eyes for a moment but was shocked to see Alex staring at her.

Lisa looked at him in the eyes. He seemed guilty and depressed. Giving off a lonely feeling. Lisa had always stayed at his side and saw the things he had gone through. Though she also wanted to have a romantic relationship with him as a normal couple but knowing his ambitions and his dilemmas, she can't force him or demand from him to behave like this and that.

Lisa moved her hand and straightened the fringe that was covering his eyes as she whispered," Aren't you sleepy yet? Shall I bring you a cup of warm water to help you sleep?" Lisa asked gently as she thought maybe his insomnia was affecting him again.

Alex didn't say anything as he stared at her. Lisa was confused as she asked," What happened?" Then she moved her hand towards his eyes and covered them gently as she said," You should sleep now, it's already midnight."

When Alex's view was suddenly blocked, he came back to his senses and realized the warm hand was Lisa's. He didn't move her hand, instead yanked Lisa towards himself. Lisa yelped when she was suddenly pulled towards Alex as she landed on his chest. She was shocked as she looked at him. 

Alex hugged her tightly as her warmth gave him a relaxed feeling he couldn't feel easily. He buried his head in her neck as he smelled her beautiful fragrance. He whispered," Let me hug you!"

Lisa was stunned for some time before she grasped what he said. She knew she loved him for a long time so of course, she won't reject him. She entered the underworld only to follow him and when he suddenly disappeared and said to have died, she could have left the underworld but there were two main reasons she didn't leave. First, she wanted to protect what he wanted to and that was Zayn. Second, she could at least die early in the underworld rather than roaming around the world all by herself. It would be too lonely without him by her side.

When Lisa didn't reply for some time, Alex pulled out of the hug because he didn't want to bother her anymore. He knew everything that happened before he woke up. How she had always vouched for a life-risking dangerous mission and that how many of the spies and moles were captured by her. How hard she had worked to preserve what he had left in this world. He didn't want to leave her side anymore. 

Lisa saw that look in his eyes. She inched closer to him and suddenly hugged him and nestled in his warm embrace as if it was the most comfortable place in the world. Later, she closed her eyes.