Additional Chapter 168: Arthur Anthony 7.

" Please take a seat."  The doctor said to Grace.

Clumsily she quickly sat down.

" Doctor, what're the results?!"

" Dr Allison, your also a doctor yourself and though this may not be your speciality, I think you already predicted what's the result after seeing the symptoms yourself. It is unfortunate but your daughter has Leukemia."

..........................................

Drip Drop, Drip Drop...

Raindrops fall smoothly and beautifully. However, suddenly they powered down heavily as if to wash everything away. Grace stood in the shade with a blank expression. Looking at the pouring rain. Then she took a step forward and step by step, she continued to walk aimlessly. Without a shelter or an umbrella, she was soaked wet instantly. Her fleeing hairs damped over her. Water fell from her eyelashes all the way to her chin. 

Her clothes hugged her skin. She wasn't wearing her coat but only a thin t-shirt. She put her hands over her shoulders and walked.

Everything looked so bleak to her. She wanted to cry but couldn't. She felt something so strange yet terrific that she felt shaking. She didn't know what she was feeling. She has literally never feared anything in her life but now, now she fears losing her dearest person. She felt like begging someone to save her daughter but she didn't know who can save her. 

Her mind was completely messy. She kept walking on the empty path with only the rain accompanying her. After a long time, she stopped at a bus stop where no one was there and finally broke down. As she wasn't in the shade, her tears and water mixed and disappeared. All that remained of the proof that she cried was her red eyes. 

" Not her... Please not her... " She mumbled while crying.

After a long while, she stopped and pulled her wet hair back by her hand. Then she looked up at the sky. The rain was still pouring but it was a little less fierce than before. Then she gathered her thoughts and looked at herself. Seeing that her clothes are showing her skin, she frowned.

Then she started walking back to the hospital. However, she walked far away so it would probably take some time for her to reach there. There weren't many taxi's either and even if there are, many taxi drivers don't prefer to take her in as she is wet.

While walking back to the hospital, she calmed down. Her body subconsciously shuddered from cold but she ignored it. The rain was still pouring but it was very light and beautiful. The kind you would want to drain in. 

However, suddenly she felt warm. She saw a blazer on her shoulders. The fragrance that come with it was very comforting for her. She quickly looked up and was stunned to see Arthur. He was looking at her with so much emotion in his eyes that she felt uncomfortable and quickly averted her gaze. 

" How... How are you here?"

" I saw you while passing by." Arthur gave her a reassuring smile. Actually, that wasn't the case at all. He wasn't passing by. At first, he was going to go on his way but he felt uneasy seeing that expression on Grace's face before she left. After some time, he hacked her location and reached the hospital. As he was going to inquire about what happened, the rain started pouring heavily. Soon after he saw her walking out. Because of the rain, he couldn't see her clearly. He didn't have an umbrella so after thinking about it, he just walked out to her. He first wanted to approach her and even called her out but strangely she didn't react at all. 

Something felt wrong about her. Then she suddenly stopped near a bus stop and bent her head with her hands covering her face. Though she didn't make any noise, her slightly shivering shoulders told him she was crying. After a long time, she finally looked up. He saw her red eyes and the pain concealed within them. 

He wanted to approach her but didn't know how to. When he saw the rain slow down as people walked back on the street, he felt very uncomfortable with her skin exposed. Moreover, she looked very cold. Therefore, he decided to come out.

" Then... Then why are you so wet?"

" What?" 

"Weren't you passing by? You must've come in a car. How did you get wet? It's not raining heavily anymore."

" Ahem... That... " Arthur was shocked to realize he made such a careless mistake. In the most dangerous situations, he was able to make flawless excuses and acts to escape from the hands of his enemy but now here he was caught. For the first time in his life. He hurriedly tried to think about how to explain but his mind seems to not be working. 

" I stepped out of the car for something and didn't have an umbrella so I got wet."

" Oh... "

Then Grace looked at his blazer upon her and quickly gave it back to him. 

" Please take it back. You must be cold."

" No. I don't feel comfortable seeing you walk around like that. Don't forget the gazes of people are never pure."

Grace was embarrassed and quickly wore it back. She wasn't the type of person who usually wore exposing clothes so she also felt very uncomfortable walking like that. They still had 15 minutes to reach the hospital. Arthur found a cafe near. He looked at Grace.

" I need something in my blazer."

Grace was going to take out the blazer but Arthur stopped her. He tugged the blazer tighter around her. Then he leaned closer. With only a palm distance between them. Grace looked at him in shock. He also gazed back at her with those deep eyes of her. Grace's heartbeat's fastened and she stepped backwards. Arthur held the blazer and stopped her from moving backwards.

Grace looked down and looked back in shock. She felt his hands go around her waist. She was frozen with her breath held. 

Arthur smiled and pulled back. Grace was still frozen and saw a wallet in his hands. He was just taking out his wallet from the blazer.

Arthur held the hem of the blazer and pulled her into the cafe.