Additional Chapter 173: Arthur Anthony 12.

She woke up according to her biological clock the next day. She felt well-rested and ready to fight everything. 

She wondered when Arthur will come and what she will say.

A while after, Eliza also woke up. She took a bath and also bathed Eliza. After drying Eliza's hair, she let her play and went to prepare breakfast. After looking at the fridge, she noticed that she was running out of ingredients. There were eggs, onions and some little things. Seeing that there was nothing better, she decided to head out. She got ready and put on jacked on Eliza. Then she went out with her. Fortunately, the grocery store was near her house. They walked a few steps and reached there. 

However, just as she was going to enter the shop, she heard someone call her.

" Grace."

She turned around to see him walking towards her in big strides. She was surprised. 

" What are you doing here?" She asked.

" I come for you. You are shopping for breakfast? Let me help you." Before she could say anything, he went inside and took a trolly. Then he looked back and smiled at her.

" Come quickly."

" Y-Yeah." Grace followed absentmindedly. As they were striding towards the food section,  Arthur stopped and looked at Eliza. Then he spoke.

" Eliza, would you like Uncle to carry you?" 

Eliza was shy and afraid of strangers so she shook her head. Arthur smiled and spoke again.

" Mummy will be with us. Do you want to see some toys? Uncle will buy them for you."

Eliza stared at him for some time as if to decide what to do. Then she looked innocently at her mother. Grace smiled at her reassuringly and said.

" Go." 

Eliza cutely held out her hands towards Arthur. Arthur smiled and easily but tenderly held her in his arms. Grace took the trolly from him. 

" Baby, we will buy food first and then go to the toys, okay?" Arthur said. Eliza cutely nodded while playing with her soft toy.

They went to the food section. grace took a family pack of brown bread, some curd, and fresh vegetables and fruits. Then Arthur took them to the games section. Eliza was like any cute little girl. The only exception was her being quieter than others. She was an obedient and polite child. 

First of all, she chooses some beautiful soft toys. Arthur had to admit that without any help, she was able to pick the best ones. Whether it's quality or something else. Then she looked at the board games. There weren't many unique ones. Since she was young, Grace hasn't brought her many board games. So she didn't know much about it. After looking through them for some time, she finally picked out Othello. It was a well-known game. She found it the most interesting. 

Then she looked at the books. They were all children stories. She picked out two books. One was the classic Hensel and Gretel. The other one was an encyclopedia book for children. Arthur observed that Eliza liked new things. Except for the Hensel and Gretel book, all the other things were something she never saw. Even the encyclopedia book, she had a lot at home. She only picked out the one she never read.

After that, Eliza walked with her little steps towards them. Then she paused seeing the basketball and the basket. But then she turned back and walked to them. Seeing this, Arthur felt bad and Grace felt pained. 

" Uncle, I am done." 

" Only this much?" Arthur asked her.

" Yes." Arthur rubbed her head and said.

" Wait a minute. Uncle will pick something for you."

Arthur walked past them and picked up the basketball kit. Then he walked back. Seeing that, Eliza's eyes sparkled like any child but then they dimmed. 

" Uncle, I don't want them."

" Why?"

" It's a waste of money. I cannot play them."

" So what? Uncle will play them for you."

Whoever passed by them alerted their posture and become careful and respectful as Arthur was there. However, Arthur didn't notice people much.

Arthur then took them to the reception. The receptionist smiled respectfully and alertly carried out the task. When it was time to pay, Grace was taking out her card but Arhut was one step ahead. He passed his black card to the receptionist who quickly carried out her task.

Arthur carried Eliza in one arm and held the bag in the other. No matter what she said, he didn't give it to grace. They arrived at her apartment. Grace quickly opened her door and let them in. After putting the bag aside, Arthur asked Grace to hold Eliza. He took the bag which had the food and took it to the kitchen. He began getting busy with his work.

After letting Eliza sit down, Grace walked into the kitchen to see what he was doing. Arthur was cooking breakfast. He made fruit salad, a simple and healthy boiled egg sandwich and a muskmelon milkshake.

Grace felt warm and walked in with folded hands. 

" You even know how to cook?" 

Arthur looked at her when he heard her voice. He smiled towards her and said.

" I may be from a royal family but more than half of people in my family are very good cooks. Especially, my father, he can make a lot of delicious dishes from other country's too."

" Really?" Grace didn't expect that.

" Yes. I learned some from him too."

" Should I help you?"

" No just take care of Eliza. I will be done soon."

" Okay."

After some time, Arthur was done. He sat up at the table then washed his hands and called them to eat. As they sat at the dining table, they eat comfortably. 

Eliza eats half a sandwich, fruit salad and some sips of her juice. Seeing that she stopped, Grace wanted to say something but Arthur spoke first.

" Eliza, can you eat it all? Uncle worked hard to make it. Please~ " He asked so softly that Grace felt her heart-melting. As a good child, Eliza also tried to finish her food. 

After breakfast, Eliza took out her newly brought toys and looked at them. Meanwhile, Arthur and Grace went to the balcony to talk.

As they stood looking at the sky, Arthur spoke.

" This is how I will always look after both of you. Whether you are mine or not. But no matter what happened, I would like to be her godfather. She is a really good child. I am not saying this because she is your daughter, if I had a daughter, I had imagined her to be like this."

Grace for the first time smiled hearing such genuine praise for her daughter. Arthur looked at her look enchanted look. Her smile completely melted her. He suddenly felt so emotional, thankful and grateful. He was glad he was still alive to love someone.