Chapter 77: Promoted To The Head Position!

There were longing and loneliness in his eyes. There was the type of love in his eyes that says 'I will always be waiting for you if you ever turned around.'

At that movement, they finally approached them. As soon as that man saw Nicole, his expression changed. He smiled as he was the first one to approach her. Actually, he was a doctor. As Nicole was a scientist, they had their bases near and meet each other once in a while. Many times they had small wounds and injuries while experimenting. However, they didn't become friends because of that. Nicole had to frequently stay at the hospital whenever any accidents happen in the military sector for she was able to treat patients.

As they had a great friendship, Nicole usually gets to meet him whenever she went to the Military infirmary. He was a very successful doctor in the Military department and like Nicole, he wasn't promoted as quickly as he should have been because of his young age. He was also very handsome.

Everyone was found of him in the Military. Nicole knew somewhere in her heart that he loves her but she couldn't do anything as she didn't love him. He was a friend she could risk her life for but he wasn't a lover she was willing to live her life with. Still, she loved him as a friend because he was worthy of it. 

When people complimented him on his talent and thank him desperately if he saved them, he would say with his usual indifferent face that it's just his job to do that. But Nicolo once saw him writing in his diary when someone he saved gave him a luxury car.

'' My talent is a tool gifted to me by god to do my job with all honesty.''

He never felt that he was great and above others. He was never proud of his talent. He was just thankful for his talent. He never wanted fame or praise. All he wanted was a breath in his patients. 

As soon as he was in front of her, he hugged her.

'' Congratulations. I wasn't expecting such a shock.'' He said as he hugged her. Nicole also hugged him and said.

'' Thank you! I was also not expecting it to be so soon.'' 

He let her go and looked at Zayn. His eyes were filled with envy. He also had coldness hidden in his eyes. 

Then he stretched out his hand to Zayn as he said,'' Congratulations. I am Daniel Richard, Nicole's friend.'' Though he was very kind natured, he was cold to Zayn because he just couldn't bring himself to like him.

Zayn didn't do anything and just shake hands with him,'' I am Zayn walker. Thank you for coming to our engagement.'' He specially mentioned the part 'To our engagement' to Daniel.

Daniel stared at Zayn before he looked back at Nicolo. Others were also congratulating her. Nicole wasn't that close to the rest. They just had a fellow worker relationship and nothing else.

After seeing that Nicole was busy talking to others, Daniel went forward and spoke in a low voice near Zayn's ear.

'' If you ever hurt her, remember that there will always be someone to protect her and snatch her back!'' He threatened Zayn.

'' Nevermind. You will never get a chance for that. And by the way, Don't forget we are going to have a Military marriage... '' Then Zayn went near and spoke in Daniel's ear.

'' I will make sure she will never look back to anyone!''

Hearing this, Daniel looked at Zayn coldly before he left. Nicole saw that and asked Zayn where he was going. Zayn said that he didn't know. 

After the ceremony was over, Nicole and Zayn went for a short trip. They went to a nearby island and enjoyed themselves. Most of the time, it was Nicolo who actually enjoyed herself in the water while he only happily watched her.

They come back in three days. Violet left after seeing Nicole off at the Military. She recently got a patient who was too critical. Even she was shocked and scared to take such a case because the patient was a psycho. 

After seeing Nicole and Violet off, Zayn also went to work. Alex was very busy. At the start, they didn't plan to do the three parts of 'Project Alinea' but after some time, Alex told Zayn that he would do all of them. So they get very busy. Even Lisa was very busy. Because of that, even though she wanted to see the Anime 'Naruto' it was continuously delayed so much that she forgets it in the end.

Suddenly, Nicole was given a task in the Military. There was a unique chemical they needed. They needed it to be effective in a small quantity in the mission. Therefore, Nicolo was very busy. She couldn't come back for 3 months. After she successfully made the chemical, she was suddenly promoted to the head position. 

Nicole was shocked. Just as she was hoping to go home on the weekend and share this good news with her family, she found out that she had many tasks to do that cannot be delayed. Actually, the previous head was retiring and there were some things he wasn't able to do. So Nicolo had to do those things because it was already delayed.

After almost 6 months, Nicole comes home. Zayn comes to receive her but as soon as he dropped her off, he went back to the headquarters because it was soon going to be the opening ceremony. 

Nicole knew that he was also busy so she didn't inform him of that movement. They only met at midnight every day when Zayn come home to sleep with her. He felt guilty that he wasn't able to give time to her.