Chapter 39: Sweetest Smile.

Alex and Lisa sat by the lake with their legs soaking in the water as they witnessed the couple's confession. They already knew about it all as they were the ones who helped him arrange most of the things. Lisa was in his arms as they enjoyed the scenery. 

" Sorry!" Alex suddenly said to Lisa. She was stunned by him and asked puzzledly.

" Why are you apologizing?!"

" I never confessed to you neither did I ever took you on a date like any other normal couple. You could have led a comfortable life but because of me... "

Alex was shocked when Lisa suddenly covered his lips with hers. Then she let go and said with the wise expression that she always had. 

" Say no more. If not for you Alex, I would have lived the worst life possible." Lisa said as she rested her head on his shoulder and continued speaking.

" Moreover, it's not your obligation to reciprocate my feelings. That would be too selfish of me." Lisa was truly a wise person. She can clearly distinguish between what is right and what is wrong. The same was for Alex. That was the reason why they never took missions to assassinate someone innocent in their organization. After all, their purpose for making the organization wasn't so that they can earn money. It was so that they can eliminate the hidden treats.

" But still... " Alex said.

" As long as we get to spend an hour together, it's enough for me. Even if I can just see you from afar, it's enough for me. I know that there are many things that you want to do. Hence I will never question your decision because I absolutely trust you. I will just silently stay by your side. I would be glad as long as I got to see you. At least it won't be like before when I wouldn't even know that you are alive. It was surely a bad time for everyone."

Alex didn't say anything further and kissed her forehead as he rested his head on her head. So small than him but so stronger than him. Just like the saying 'She falls many times but whenever She got up, she is stronger than before.' 

Alex made up his mind to embrace his past and move forward with it. Just because Robin is gone and it hurts them, they can't forget her or stop thinking about her. They will tell each and everything about her to their children. They will always know that they had an Aunt who was their father's dearest. Her name was Robin and she had the sweetest smile.

Zayn and Nicole spent some time happily on the boat before they come back when it was near dinner time as they were both hungry. After meeting Alex and Lisa, they decided to cook for themselves. Alex and Nicole were not that great at cooking while Lisa and Zayn were great cooks. So they first marinated the chicken for some time before they camped outside. 

As Nicole and Alex weren't helping in cooking, they were tasked to work on setting up the tent and everything else. Zayn had started to BBQ the chicken while Lisa was making the side dishes.

As Nicole was setting up the tent with Alex, he suddenly asked her," How has my brother been since you met him? Did he sleep well at night?"

 Alex asked while worriedly glancing at Zayn before looking at her.

" Well... When I first met him, he was injured and fainted. When he was unconscious, he kept mumbling many things. But I don't know what happens when he was alone cuz he only said those things 2-3 times when he was with me. A few days ago when I come back from the military, I couldn't contact him. Usually, he would always pick up my phone but I still waited for him until dawn. Then I called him again but he still didn't pick up so I called his assistant Mike and he said that Zayn has been acting weirdly for two days and that he worked overtime the previous night. I guessed it must be his sister's anniversary from the way he was acting because he called her the most in his nightmares. Still, I wasn't worried that he will do anything stupid because Zayn is a strong-willed person."

Alex was silent. After some time, he asked," What does he say in his sleep?"

" He was muttering mommy, daddy, Didi and Bhai while sometimes he also said don't go. I can understand why he was talking like that. Something must have happened. Whatever happened, I just want him to live peacefully and happily."

" So he is like that... " For all the time he had observed Zayn's behaviour, Zayn has put up a very strong front and never did anything that would arise his suspicion. At least, while he was unconscious, Zayn has faced the world alone while the dark memories keep hunting back at him. He also coincidently come to know that Zayn has been visiting a psychiatrist. When he investigated, he found out that Zayn has already been visiting a psychiatrist since 4 years ago. When he secretly went to meet his psychiatrist, Alex found out that Zayn had severe insomnia for a very long time and he visited a psychiatrist because for some time he wasn't able to sleep at all and if it had continued, he would have to go through a lot of complications. 

Nicole and Alex were silent for some time when Zayn's voice come.

" Bhai, Nicole, are you done? We are almost finished." He shouted towards them as he said with a casual smile.

Nicole and Alex looked at each other. All that matters is that he is okay now.

" Coming!" They said as they quickly finished up. 

Alex saw as Nicole went to Zayn and Zayn fed her a piece while they talked about something and smiled. He said in a low voice," See it, Robin. How you're brother has grown up so quickly. He is so smart, handsome, and caring. I think we have failed to spoil him back then."

He had a bitter smile on his face. He was smiling yet his heart was crying.

Just as he was engrossed in his thought, Lisa called out to him," Alex, what are you doing? Come here!"

Alex snapped out of his trance and followed them. When he reached there, they were all already seated on the four people table with only his seat left. The BBQ chicken was served with many side dishes. Hot puffs of air were coming out of it and it simply looked enticing.

Alex quickly sat down beside Lisa. As they started eating, both brothers grabbed the food and filled their dears plate. When they realized that they were doing the same, they looked at each other and smiled. They understand what they wanted to express. ' To cherish and protect those that you still have. And they would surely do that.'

Nicole and Lisa also smiled seeing this and they had a blissful dinner. After that, they also had some red wine as they sat near the lake to drink while enjoying.