Chapter 15: Lisa, His Childhood Sweetheart!

Zayn parked his car and went into the company. All the employees greeted him in the way. He directly went to his office and start working. His assistant comes in and reported the seclude to him.  It was almost dinner time when he got off. 

Zayn brought groceries and made his way towards the hotel room. He made crispy chicken and some side dishes with fried rice. Then packed them and bring them to the hospital. 

He opened the door and went inside. Alex was reading some books on the bed. 

When he saw him, Alex put down his books and smiled,'' Your back.''

" Yeah," Zayn replied.

They eat dinner. After dinner, Alex said," I never thought that you would learn to cook one day. And such tasty dishes too! Your wife would be blessed." 

" Little brother, tell me honestly. Do you have someone in your heart? Wait, how many girls have you dated?" Alex asked teasingly.

Zayn almost choked at his brother and looked dumbfoundedly at him," What are you saying, Bhai?"

Alex laughed at Zayn's expression and asked again," Have you been in any relationship all these years?" Now he asked lovingly.

When his brother said 'girlfriend' etc. only Nicole came to his mind.

" Well, I've met a girl recently. She is from the military. She only has a mother. They are from a high society like us. Though she seems anti-social." Zayn replied seriously to Alex. 

Alex was shocked as he didn't actually expect Zayn to have a girlfriend. He knew that when he was in a coma, Zayn has spent his days and night working tirelessly. He didn't even have any close friends let alone a woman. But he felt truly happy when he heard Zayn say he has someone he likes.

Alex smiled at Zayn," I am happy you have someone in your heart. You may not have a lot of time to spend together but having someone who cares about you is good."

" Yes. I know." 

Alex was relieved that Zayn has someone to care for him now.

" Zayn, I think I can be discharged at the end of this month. After I left the hospital, I am planning to return to work."

" Where do you want to work, Bhai? Are you planning to return to work 'there'?"

" Yeah. I think you can handle the company while handling both may stress you out." Alex said.

" Okay, but Bhai, you better not stress yourself out. You've finally woken up. I don't want to lose you again." Zayn said solemnly.

Alex didn't say anything at first but then he nodded," Yeah, I know what I am capable of in this condition."

.................

After Alex went to sleep, Zayn also went back to the hostel to sleep. He opened his phone to see if he got any messages from Nicole. He didn't get any messages. He sent her some massages again.

[How are you?]

[Everything alright there?]

[Reply to me when you see these messages or you can call me if you can.]

Zayn waited until he fell asleep. At around midnight, he heard his phone ring. As he was a light sleeper, he woke up. He dazedly looked at his phone. 

When he saw that it was a massage from Nicole, his mind instantly cleared as he quickly called her back. 

Nicole saw Zayn's messages. She felt a little guilty to not have seen them before as she didn't use her phone when she is in the research lab. She massaged him as she didn't know if she would get time again afterwards.

Suddenly, her phone started ringing. She was shocked to see that it was from Zayn. Nicole quickly answered the call.

'' Hello?''

'' Are you still awake?'' Zayn asked.

'' Yeah. I was working on something urgent so I couldn't go to sleep before completing it. But what about you? I thought you were sleeping. Did I wake you up?''

'' No. I haven't drifted to sleep yet.''

'' Uhh... What were you doing then?'' 

'' Nothing special. I am laying on the bed trying to sleep.''

'' Then you should go to sleep. I shouldn't keep you awake!''

'' No. It's okay. What about you? When will you get your leave?''

'' Well... Maybe after the end of this month. I am not too sure myself.''

'' It's alright. But you must inform me immediately when you are confirmed. Okay?''

'' Yes. I will inform you immediately.''

'' Good. Are you going to sleep now?''

'' Yeah. After I fresh up, I was going to sleep.''

'' Okay then, I shouldn't disturb you anymore. It must be cold there. Wrap yourself with the blanket properly at night lest you catch a cold.''

'' Hmm. You too should take care of yourself.''

'' Yeah. Goodnight.''

'' Goodnight.''

The next day when Zayn went to the hospital to meet his brother, he informed him about the change in the secret base. While they were talking about the underworld business, Zayn mentioned Lisa to his brother.

Since hearing about Lisa that day, Alex could no longer control himself as he wanted to meet her. Zayn had informed him that she was on a mission and would only be back after a week when he would get discharged.

Like this, it comes near the end of the month. His brother was discharged. He hardly talked to Nicole as she wasn't online most of the time.

Zayn took his brother to the Villa he had prepared long before for them but never lived there. Now that his brother was finally awake and recovered, Zayn brought him home.

As it was going to be dinner time soon, Zayn decided to cook himself today as it was a special day. He cooked a steak that doesn't contain wine as wine wasn't good for his brother's health.

After setting the dining table, Zayn brought his brother to eat. After dinner, they went to sleep as both of them had to go to work tomorrow.

As he lay in his bed, Alex couldn't fall asleep as he thought that tomorrow, he is going to meet Lisa, his childhood sweetheart. He didn't know why but he felt nervous and... guilty. He was scared that he put Lisa back in the same darkness he pulled her out from after suddenly disappearing from her life.