Chapter 107: " Mom... "

The Next Morning...
Lisa slept most peacefully that night while Emma and Alex had a sleepless night.
Alex couldn't sleep because he was worried about Lisa. He was worried she would have nightmares all night but surprisingly, she was in a deep peaceful sleep that night.
He finally comes out to prepare breakfast but heard some voices in the kitchen. When he went there, he saw Emma preparing breakfast. He was startled but then he felt happy for Lisa.
Lisa seems to have someone other than him who also cares about her. He felt relieved that she had someone other than himself. That she has her own family, her kin. There is a saying every person with a loving mother says. Every person who knows the meaning of motherly love says it. ' No relationship can compare to the relationship of a mother and their children. Just like the saying blood is thicker than water. Well, for some cases, it may be true but in some cases, it is like this, It's true that blood is thicker than water. However, sometimes blood is not there while water is there when we are in the time of need.'
Emma couldn't sleep at all that night. After Lisa fell asleep, she went into the guest room, took a shower and lay down on the bed as she kept thinking about Lisa. She wondered why Lisa was soo scared of her. Why was she afraid of her? But she was so happy that she couldn't sleep. She got up early and prepared a lavish breakfast for her daughter. As she was doing the last touch up, Alex came in. She smiled at him and asked him when would Lisa usually wake up. Alex replied that she would wake up at 7: 30 every morning. They waited for some time but Lisa only woke up at past 8. Emma had already reheated the dishes once as they git cold. Fortunately, they were still warm so they didn't need to reheat it again.
When Lisa woke up, she felt unusually calm. So calm that she felt relaxed and lazy. For the movement, she forgets everything and went to take a bath. When she comes out of the room and saw the lavish breakfast set up on the table, she was shocked. Just as she wondered why Alex would prepare a lavish breakfast all of a sudden, she saw him coming out. When she thought about asking him, she saw someone else coming after him from the kitchen. She froze. When she recalled everything that happened last night, she wondered If it was all a dream for she couldn't believe the reality.
Her body was stiff as she stared at Emma with wide eyes. Alex and Emma stayed silent as they didn't speak. Finally, after a long time, Lisa got her senses back and walked towards Emma without hesitation. Then she asked in a trembling voice.
" Mom... " Her voice was so low that they couldn't have heard her if not for the eerie silence in the room.
Emma couldn't control herself any longer after hearing 'Mom' from Lisa. She hugged Lisa tightly.
" Yes! Yes! It's Mummy, Lisa!"
Lisa slowly hugged Emma back. Soon after, she hugged Emma like a little child and cried. While she was crying, the towel on her shoulders fell off. Her hair was not completely dry yet. After some time, Emma pulled Lisa out of her arms and gently wiped her tears.
" Alright! No more crying. Let's go and eat or the food will get cold again."
" But... " Lisa wanted to ask something about this all but Emma stopped her.
" Don't worry! We will have a long talk after you eat."
They sat around the table as they eat. Lisa also introduced Alex to Emma as her fiancee. Emma told her that she already knew because both of them have a special identity.
As soon as Lisa tasted the food, tears almost fell off her eyes. She and Alex both didn't have parents since they were young. Lisa had never known the feeling of eating homemade food. She always desired to have a bento made by her mother like any other person in the world. But that little thing that everyone in the world had was like a far away dream for her. Deep down, she still wanted to have a warm family like everyone else.