Chapter 73: Official Engagement!

When she looked at Lisa, Violet was surprised. As a woman, she was impressed by Lisa. She could instantly recognise the field of work Lisa was in. The underworld. Of course, she also saw that I'm Alex and Zayn but she thought it wasn't that shocking as they were protecting the whole corporation.

Lisa was working as an Assasin since she was a kid. Her every action, every sentence that she spoke and her personality all had her truth hidden in them. Her unique but fast reflexes, the power in her words, the personality with the experience of years, all had the hidden truth in them. 

A normal person can obviously not recognise this but who was Violet...

 No matter how much we deny it, it is true that men had an advantage over women. We can't completely wipe it as it was made by god. Being a woman, there are many complications no matter what industry you are working in.

As a woman, Lisa had achieved what more than half of the men in the world couldn't. None of a normal fighter can ever stand a chance against her. Only some of the talented men can reach the position that she was at now. She was the planning director of an international corporation. How much men can achieve that.

Violet was able to understand that Nicole must have been in that field since she was a kid and she also knew no kids would choose to enter such a field of work. Something must have also happened with her. It was just impressive how she could not find even a bit of sadness or sorrow in Lisa.

The thing that truly surprised Violet was the natural aura of a noble that was coming from Lisa. The king's bloodline was called Royal but the high priest and the head general family were called nobles. The nobles were never belittled by a Royal. If a Royal did, the Royal would be punished by the king even if it is the crown prince.

The high priest is our support from god while the head general is our support of morale and strength. Both of them are not to be belittled. That was what they used to say in ancient times.

Violet truly felt that Lisa was from the general's side. What's more... As a woman she succeeded in getting a great husband. To be loved by such a person, she has to be something as well. If a king listens to the queen, then what's the meaning of '' King gave the order'.

" Mom... Mom... Mom... " Nicole waved her hands in front of Violet's eyes as she wasn't reacting to her. 

Violet finally snapped out of her thought as she replied," Sorry, I was just thinking about something."

" You don't need to say sorry. The food is here. I have ordered your favourite dishes. Let's eat."

" Yeah... " Violet felt helpless. These people truly amazed her. 

After eating dinner, they ordered some drinks. As they were drinking, they talked. Violet said.

" We saw the news today. The project seems quite important. Anyway, Zayn and Nicole are still young so I think it's alright if we postponed the marriage for some years. I will also get to spend some more time with my daughter and I don't think it's any good rushing a marriage."

Except for Nicole, all the others were shocked. Violet took a sip of her wine as she waited for them. After some time, Alex replied. 

" Well, I am the one handling the project so that's not necessary but if Zayn and Nicole also wish to have a proper wedding with a honeymoon, then I also agree with that."

" I also agree with that. It's better to enjoy the wedding than rushing it now!" Lisa also agreed with Violet.

Then all of them turned to look at Nicole and Zayn. Nicole and Zayn looked at them blankly. Finally, Zayn said.

" Sorry, but can I have a minute with Nicolo?"

" Okay." Violet understood that they would need to talk first.

There was a balcony in the room. Nicole and Zayn went there. As soon as they closed the door, Zayn hugged her tightly. 

" What happened?" Nicole asked as she noticed that he wasn't alright.

" Nothing! I was just really tense your mother would oppose our marriage. I've told you before, I already consider you as my wife. I just wanted to mary you earlier because I was scared that someone would snatch you away from me."

" What?!" Nicolo suddenly chuckled as she pulled out of his arms. Then she put her hand on his neck and asked.

" Do you really think someone better than you could be there for me?"

" ...I don't know!" Zayn said as he himself didn't know why he was being so paranoid.

Nicole didn't know whether she should laugh or cry. She suddenly pulled Zayn down and gave him a peck on the lips. Zayn was stunned.

Nicole laughed at his expression. Then she said.

" How about I become your fiance?" Her eyes had a unique spark in them at the movement. It was like the stars were shining in her slightly misty eyes.

Nicole had that mischievous smile on her face as she waited for him. However, before she could realize it, Zayn grabbed her face and kissed her. After some time, they both took deep breaths as they gazed at each other. Finally, Zayn said.

" If you become my fiancee, you are as good as my wife. Do you get that?!" Zayn asked her.

" Of course!" Nicole smiled. Then she tousled his hair as she said," Let's go now."

" Yes... "

Violet, Alex and Lisa talked about some common topics. They also discussed Violet's job. Violet also told them about how twisted thinking a person can be. She once had a patient who conspired against her own sister and that caused the death of her sister. That patient had really twisted thinking, she wouldn't admit that she was wrong. 

She believed this was all perfectly alright. She asked why can't do what she did. She was treating others like they didn't have common sense because what she did was very common or casual in her sense. Violet had a headache treating that patient. Now, that patient is recovered and is living every day thinking about how she could atone for her sins.

As they were talking, Nicole and Zayn finally come back. Everyone could clearly see the love between them because it was too obvious. Violet smiled as she asked.

" So, What did you decide?" They waited for Nicole and Zayn's answer.

" Mummy, we decided to have an official engagement!"