Chapter 94: Something Bad Happened To Ms Violet!

The next day, Bates received a message that Violet refused to treat him any longer. 

On the other hand, when Nicolo went home, she got to know that her mother locked herself in the room since she comes back from the butler. She was worried as she asked him where her mother had gone to. The butler said she went to the hospital for her work. 

Nicolo didn't suspect anything. She thought that her mother must not be feeling well but she didn't think that it would be something else.

She quickly went up and knocked on her mother's bedroom. No one answered. Again, she continued to knock. When her mom still didn't open the door, she called out to her.

'' Mommy! Mommy! It's me. Nicolo! Please open the door! Mommy!''

Nicolo continued to knock for a long time. When Violet still didn't say anything, Nicolo called the butler and told him to quickly bring the keys to Violet's room.

When the butler brought the keys, Nicolo quickly took them and opened the door as she rushed in. She saw that her mother was laying on the bed inside the quilt. She called out to her as she walked towards her mother.

'' Mommy!''

Violet still didn't answer. Nicolo carefully pulled out the quilt. When she saw her mother's pale face, Nicolo staggered backwards and almost fall down. Her mind totally went blank.

The butler rushed inside and when he saw the scene, he was also shocked. Then he looked back at Nicolo and saw her trembling with widened eyes

Usually, even if someone was sick, there was a limit to paleness but this kind of paleness was usually when somebody... died.

...............................

Zayn was dealing with some important matters with some foreigners. His phone rang. It was just a number. When he picked up, he was shocked. He excused himself from the foreigners as he rushed out in a hurry.

When he tried to call Nicolo, she didn't pick.

He was very worried as he sped his car.

At the same time, Bates received the news. He was punching at the punchbag. He was frustrated because of Violet. He was angry that she refused to treat him any longer. When his underling told him that he had something important to report, he told him to go on as he continued punching. 

The underling said.

'' Sir! W-we got the news that something ba-bad happened to Ms V-Violet!!!''

'' Bang'' a loud voice rang and then the round of something falling was heard. The underling was shocked and scared of the soil falling out of the punching back. He trembled in fear when he looked at him.

Bates eyes again had that madness that Violet saw. This time, it was like triggering him.

...............................

In the hospital...

The operation theatre was on as the red light showed above. Nicolo was still blank as she stood stiffly outside the operation theatre. Today, she felt like laughing at herself. She wanted to mock herself.

She was called 'Doctor Marvell' She was called the way to miracles. she was famous for handling the toughest cases. She was known for snatching lives back from the hands of the grim reaper. That was what she was yet the movement she saw that pale face of her mother, her mind went blank. 

She had become a great doctor who saved many peoples lives yet she couldn't do anything when she saw her mother's pale face. She swore that she never felt this useless in her life before even when her father died.

Tik-Tok... Tik-Tok...

The sound of the clock was as clear as it could be. For the first time, Nicolo felt that this silence is unbearable. It was scary. It felt like every single sound of this 'Tik-Tok' is taking her mother's life away. It was simply horrible.

At that movement, Nicolo suddenly felt someone embracing her. When she looked up and saw that it was Zayn, she broke down. The movement when she saw her mothers extremely pale face, was the most horrible memory of her life. She was so scared that she didn't dare to check if her mother was alive or dead.

When Zayn embraced her, she felt like she had someone to rely on. She tightly hugged him as she clenched her hands. She tried her best to stop herself from crying yet she couldn't control herself. 

Nicolo silently cried in Zayn's arms. Tears fell from her eyes as her body trembled. However, she hadn't yet stopped crying when a nurse rushed out. She was in a hurry and panicked. Nicolo saw the nurse and quickly asked about the situation inside. 

The nurse hurriedly replied. 

'' The patient's condition is critical. She arrived too late and her Anemia also got serious. We are trying our best to save her. We need a blood transfusion now!'' 

Saying that the nurse rushed out. Nicolo stood in the same place as if she was a statue. Her eyes were red and her condition wasn't good. At that movement, Zayn grabbed her shoulders and shake her up.

'' Nicolo!''

When Nicolo heard him, she looked up. Then she heard Zayn say.

'' What are you doing? You are a doctor! Aren't you?! You can save your mother, right? When will you save her if not now?!'' Zayn didn't know that Nicolo was doctor Marvel but he knew she was a great doctor after all they were already engaged. 

He left some bodyguards to protect her who informed him of everything that is important. He had once heard that Nicolo saved someone who suddenly fainted. Later, he got the know that the person who fainted was in a very critical situation. At that movement, he understood that Nicolo wasn't as simple as she shows. He also told his people to not investigate further or else he would have guessed about her identity because the one who operated on that patient was no one else than doctor Marvel. That was what everyone else knew.