Chapter 50: Nicole, It's Mommy!

Lee knew tears were the words her heart can't express. He swore he would try his best to protect her. He knew he was useless and failed to protect her. He couldn't become important enough for her to live. He was a failure and his only hope was the future. 

Meanwhile, as Nicole's holidays were ending, she had to go back. After they arrived back at dinner time, they had a meal together as they parted ways. Alex and Lisa went to rest for the night as they had to go to their office from tomorrow onwards.

 As Alex had talked with Zayn, they wouldn't involve themselves directly with the underworld anymore. So from tomorrow onwards, Alex would work as the Planning director while Lisa would work as the PR director. 

Zayn and Nicole also went back to her small cruise ship. It was new and different from before. On the ship, there was some word written. It was Nicole's surname, Anthony.

 This one was a bit larger than before. The previous one was 1BHK but this had two bedrooms and a room for the watchman who also takes care of the maintenance. A plain yet beautiful kitchen and a beautiful living room were on the first floor. There was also a storeroom on the deck with the control room and all the necessary equipment.

Nicole was excited as she roamed around to look at everything. Zayn took her hand and took her to a corner. There was a showcase. It had a glass bottle that contained a small handmade titanic. It was beautiful. Zayn put his thumb on the cap of the bottle and then the showcase parted and a lift opened. Zayn typed a string of numbers and then the elevator went down in the basement. 

As the elevator doors opened, Nicole was shocked. At the side, there were transparent glasses which were half in the water and half in the open. There were some gym equipment and a beautiful bed attached to the glass for resting. It was equipped with the best technology and the best comfort. 

Nicole exclaimed," Wow!" She thought it was wonderful. She also had thoughts of upgrading her previous one but unfortunately, she didn't get the time for that. She looked around and found it very beautiful.  

Zayn smiled lovingly at her. Nicole put her hands around his neck and gave him a peck on the lips. 

" Thank you! I Love it a lot!"

Zayn smiled. " It's okay! This is my engagement gift to you!"

Nicole smiled as she asked teasingly," Well, we haven't had our official engagement yet."

Zayn smiled and pinched her cheeks," We can have it as soon as I have met with your Mother, and then we can also fix our marriage date. We will also get our marriage certificate before our engagement, Alright?" Zayn looked at her seriously as he asked.

Nicole put on a playful expression," Well, let's see. I am still young and didn't enjoy my bachelor's life much. And I am also from the military so we had to stay apart for so long. How about I marry a soldier instead. After all, I had many pursuers in the military. And yeah, I forget to tell you but my best friend is also a soldier and he is quite handsome plus he works with me so we can spend a lot of time together!" She said mischievously. 

Zayn's lips twitched as he glared at her and suddenly trapped her between him and the door behind them as he asked dangerously.

" What did you just say?!"

Nicole gulped as she darted her eyes. " N-nothing!"

" Oh... Is there someone you want to marry?!"

" No... " she said in a small voice.

A dangerous glint flashed across his eyes as he asked," No?!"

Nicole was confused before she realized what he meant. She rolled her eyes.

" Okay! Okay! I want to marry you, Alright?!"

Zayn smiled as he put a hand on her waist and pulled her closer as he asked teasingly," How come you were so different on our first meeting. Like an ice-queen. And now you're like a grumpy kitty."

" Hey! Don't call me that! And you were just a stranger back then. How was I supposed to welcome you with my open arms?!"

" Well, you could only welcome me with open arms and no one else!"

Nicole rolled her eyes. " Oh really?!"

" Why?! Is there someone else you want to welcome with your open arms?!"

" N-No! I was just asking!"

" Now that's like a good girl. Let's go to sleep, you have to go early tomorrow morning."

" Yeah!" 

They slept in the basement that day as Nicole find the basement calm and peaceful. She had a great sleep that night. 

However, early in the morning, Nicole's phone kept ringing. After it rang 3 times, she finally picked it up and answered absentmindedly.  " Hello?"

" Nicolo, It's mommy! Where is your ship? I can't find it?"

As she was sleepy, she didn't think too much and said," On the shore and yeah I changed it so it's written Anthony on it now."

" Oh... Okay!"

Then Nicole hangs up. It didn't occur to her that her mom must have come here as she went back to sleep. However, not long after, the bell rang. After it rang for some time, Zayn finally woke up. His hair was curly and messy as he had just woken up. He went up through the elevator and opened the door. However, he was shocked when he saw who was outside.

Though he never met Nicole's mother before, they looked so much alike that he was able to recognize her at once.

At the same time, Nicole's mother also never expected to see a man opening the door. For a movement, she thought she entered the wrong place but then she remembered that there was only one cruise ship in this place and this one also had Anthony written on it. She was confused as she eyed Zayn suspiciously.

Zayn was wide awake now as his body stiffened and he froze. After some time, he finally asked," A-Aunty! Are you Nicole's mother?!"

Nicole's mother's face went cold as she realized she was in the right place but there was a stranger in her daughter's place. She asked coldly," And you are?!" 

" I-I am her boyfriend! Please come in Aunty!" Zayn was slightly nervous.