Chapter 8: They both slept soundly.

Midnight_____

Zayn was asleep wrapped under the blanket. The ship started moving suddenly. A thin figure in the military uniform opened the main door.

Nicole entered the living room. She stretched her head and dragged her body to the bedroom lazily. She was too tired to notice the blood. Moreover, it was dark as it was midnight.

 She took a bath and wore her bathrobe. She looked for the towel but couldn't find it. ' Maybe I misplaced it' she thought.

Nicole got out of the bathroom and dragged her tired body to the bed. She didn't notice that there was someone else on the bed as she lay down and slept. She was too tired because she did not get to sleep for 3 nights.

 The new experiment was very important plus complicated. The slightest mistake could have taken their lives. Therefore, she worked continuously for 2 days and 3 nights before she gets to rest. They were testing a new chemical explosive so it was risky. However, their efforts didn't go to waste and they achieved the results. The explosive they had created was very strong and wide-ranged with fewer chemicals. She was even rewarded for that as she was the one who invented that explosive and named it ' Max Explosion '

5:00 AM... 

It was very early. However, Nicole felt uncomfortable and hot as sweat formed on her forehead. It was cold on the ship cause they were in the sea yet she was feeling hot. She frowned as she slowly opened her eyes and lazily tried to turn around. 

However, she couldn't turn around as something was behind her. She opened her eyes clearly. As she felt something hot on her waist and looked down. 

It was someone's hand. She stared at the hand as she looked dazedly at her own hands as if to see if it was her own hand. The hands-on her waist was hotter than a normal person.

However, as she realized it wasn't her hand, her dazed eyes opened widely and she suddenly sat up. 

Nicole hesitatingly turned to see who was there. She saw Zayn who was topless. His muscular chest was open wide. His eyebrows frowned and there was sweat on his chest. Zayn looked like he was in great discomfort. 

Nicole looked at herself. She was in a bathrobe without wearing any underwear. Her breast was almost exposed. She quickly pulled her bathrobe and got out of the bed as runs into the bathroom and shut the door with a 'Bang'

' Who was that? How did he come here? Was he already here when I come back?!'

Nicole calmed herself a little but couldn't actually calm herself. She cautiously gets out and quickly took her clothes before getting back into the bathroom. Then she took a quick shower. She smelt something nasty like blood but she thought she was just thinking too much. 

Then, she got out of the bathroom wearing black slacks and a light grey long t-shirt. She hesitatingly got near the bed to check up on the man who was suddenly in her bed. When she saw Zayn, she was stunned for seconds as his unique handsomeness and charm were not to be found easily. 

However, there was something wrong with him as he was sweating profusely. He was frowning with a pained expression. It looked like he was sad. He was muttering something as tears were falling out of his closed eyes. 

Nicole looked at him complicated. She doesn't have a lot of friends and whatever friends were there, she hadn't been close to them. She was an anti-social person who didn't like formalities. She also didn't like to pretend or fake anything. She saw that Zayn looked uncomfortable as he kept muttering.

' Should she help him but he is a stranger who gets in her ship which can be considered as her home. He invaded her privacy.'

Nicole was contemplating what to do when her eyes fell on the towel on the floor. Her eyes widened as she looked at the towel covered in blood. ' What The Hell'

Nicole quickly looked back at Zayn. Then she noticed his shoulder was covered in a bandage which has turned red. She was so shocked to see a stranger beside her that she didn't even notice such an obvious wound.

Nicole was said to be cold-hearted by the people she knew. However, Zayn looked like he was hurting too much. Tears fell continuously from his closed eyes. 

Nicole felt bad for him and her sixth sense told her that Zayn wasn't a bad guy. He may have entered her ship to find some help when he was injured.

Nicole got up and went outside. She set the speed of the ship a little faster. Then she came in and opened the closet and took out a new towel. She brought a bowl from the kitchen and bring it into the bathroom to fill it up with water. After filling the bowl, she brought it back to Zayn. She soaked the towel in the bowl with water and then she wrings it before placing it on Zayn's forehead. 

Nicole went to the living room and searched for available medical kits. She took some pills. Then she checked the drawers for the medical kit with a bandage, etc. 

' There was a medical kit here. Where did it go? That person was bandaged. Maybe he took it out but where is it now?'

Nicole looked for the kit then she guesses it may be in the bathroom. She looked for it and found the medical kit placed on the top of the shelf. She looked into it and found some useful things. 

Nicole took the medical kit to Zayn. Then she got on the bed. She gently took the bandage out. It was stuck a little but she used sanitiser and took it out. Then she sanitized the wound and applied medicine to it before rebandaging it. 

After all that, she took the towel out and soaked it again, and wrings it before placing it on his forehead.

Nicole took another towel and soaked it in the warm water before bringing it back to Zayn. Then she wiped his upper body and bloodstains on his body. 

Nicole stretched out her hand to check out his temperature. He still had a high fever. She treated him with whatever she had. 

However, as Nicole was going to withdrew her hand, he suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her. She fell on his chest and was shocked. She tried to avoid falling near his wound as it may start bleeding again.

Nicole tried to get up from his chest, but as Zayn felt her going away, he grabbed her waist and pulled her in his embrace. He hugged her tightly while frowning.

Nicole was stunned. This was the first time she comes into such close physical contact with someone. She looked up from his chest. He was still unconscious and was muttered something.

As she pulled closer to hear what he was muttering, she heard,'' Please don't leave me. Why do you tell me to  live without you?!''

Tears fall out from his eyes again as he tightened his grip even though he was injured. His voice was very small. It was trembling as he repeated saying something like,'' Bhai''  '' Di'' She couldn't understand the rest.

Nicole looked at him. His voice was so much pained that she felt bad. She stopped trying to get away from him as she stared at him. Trying to observe everything about him. 

Nicolo didn't know when she fell asleep as she was also tired but she subconsciously hugged him back. Zayn's eyebrows eased a little as They both slept soundly.