Chapter 78: Don't Forget Your Mine Forever!

Nicole knew that he was also busy so she didn't inform him at that moment. They only met at midnight every day when Zayn come home to sleep with her. He felt guilty that he wasn't able to give her much time.

Nicole woke up from the voices. Of course, she felt happy to at least sleep with him. She thought for a long time whether she should tell him about it or not. After deciding, she finally thought that it was better to tell him now cause if he knew it from someone else, it wouldn't be good.

Nicole looked up from Zayn's chest. As she moved, Zayn also opened his eyes to look at her. He was very tired these days because he always needs to be alert. He overworked himself in order to more spend time with Nicole. Still, some things cannot be hurried.

When they gazed into each other's eyes, Zayn understood that she wanted to say something. He patted her head and said," Tell me, what's it?" 

Nicole didn't say anything for a moment before she said," I was promoted. I am the chief scientist now."

Zayn was stunned for a long time. He couldn't react. After some time, he quickly sat up and asked with widened eyes.

" What did you just say?! You are promoted?! Isn't that great news!'' Actually, anyone else promoting wasn't that much of a deal to him. He also knew Nicole would definitely be promoted for her capabilities. It was just that he didn't expect it to be at this time. Though he was sure she would be promoted, he still knew the excitement of being promoted. 

Nicole never saw Zayn this excited even after closing a billion deal. She didn't understand what was so shocking about that. She knew her capabilities and knew she would be promoted soon. It was also true that even after knowing that, she was still excited. But since it has been some time, her excitement was gone. 

Zayn did not say anything more and directly picked her up. He took her to the living room. He was in Nicole's house obviously. Then he put her on the sofa and said to wait as he quickly went into the kitchen.

As he went inside, he didn't understand what to do. After searching all the kitchen, he found some useful things. Once in a while, he would come out and take some things from the storeroom and other places before going back. After a long time, Zayn comes out. Nicole almost falls asleep waiting for him.

" Sorry! come here." Saying that Zayn put his hands over to cover her eyes as he took her into the Kitchen. Nicole was really curious about what he was doing in the kitchen for so long. 

After taking her there, Zayn took his hands back. Then he said to her.

" Open your eyes slowly."

At first, Nicole found felt it was dark with some things shining in here and there. As her vision cleared, she saw there were candles and a cake in the kitchen. The cake was small. Enough for 2-3 people. It was a chocolate cake. They didn't have chocolate available so Zayn searched on google and made it by Nutella. It looked good but Nicole didn't know how it tasted.

There was 'Congratulations!' written on the cake. It was written by Nutella only. Nicole found it funny yet she found it very loving. There wasn't much. Only some candles and a cake. But it was the most beautiful decoration in Nicole's eyes. She loved it. 

Zayn then spoke. " Sorry. I wasn't able to do much but I will celebrate it properly tomorrow."

Hearing this, Nicole become serious. She looked at him.

" What happened?" Zayn asked.

" Since it's my promotion, shouldn't you gift me something?"

" Of course, I will."

" Then can I wish for something?" 

" Of course." Zayn was stunned to see her seriousness.

" Do you promise to fulfil my wish?" 

" Yeah! I will do everything in my power to fulfil your wishes."

Nicole stopped before she said," Then my wish is... "

" What?" Zayn asked seeing her pause.

" ...I don't want you to celebrate it."

Zayn was shocked," What?! Why?"

" Nothing! Didn't you just say you will fulfil my wish? Don't ask why!" 

" You ain't telling me that because I am busy, right?!" Zayn asked her suspiciously.

" Yes, that's it. If your going to tell me that you aren't that busy, then your brother is busy. You should go and help him."

Zayn was speechless. What could he say to her. 

Nicole saw that he looked down and put her hands on his shoulder as she said.

" Don't worry. I am just letting you go for now. Don't forget your mine forever!"

Hearing the word 'your mine' Zayn felt very happy. Finally, they cut the cake and had a sweet and warm celebration at home. After some time together, they went back to sleep. Nicole also didn't get a long holiday. Now that she was the chief, she didn't have any free time at all. Her responsibilities and obligations doubled.

They went to sleep with a relaxed atmosphere.