Chapter 23: Your sister would feel bad seeing you like this.

He spends his childhood with that sweet yet arrogant little sister of his. He would have never hesitated to give his life for her but because of those stupid jerks she lost her life and he would never forgive a single soul involved in that incident. He swears on his life. 

Lisa saw that he doesn't look good and become silent. Alex said,'' Prepare our people. We are going to launch a preventive strike on the Xie family.''

'' Big boss, isn't it a little reckless to attack now? We would put ourselves in danger.''

'' You don't need to worry. I know what I am doing. I am not being impulsive as I still have to protect my little brother.''

'' Ok boss.'' Lisa didn't say anything further and silently left. After Lisa left, Alex stared blankly as her words come into his mind continuously. Is he truly not being impulsive? He questioned himself.

At twilight bar......

In the VIP room upstairs, Alex lay spineless with no life in his eyes. Countless wine bottles were lying on the table. A glass filled with wine was in his hand. He stared blankly from the Glass blocking the voice of the DJ as people were dancing and drinking crazily on the floor that was below. Just then, the door opened gently and Lisa entered. When she saw Alex's condition, she felt bad for him. Since the day he woke up, Alex doesn't seem good. He worked till midnight and sometimes even till the morning.

Lisa had a crush on Alex for a very long time and they were also very close when they were younger. But everything went wrong since the day Robin died. She had never met Robin before but knew that Robin was someone very important to Alex and Zayn. Now, Alex was living with her but nothing changed in their life. As they usually have to work late, they went home late at night and slept in their own rooms. And as usual, they have their meals together. The only difference was they were sleeping in the same place.

Alex stared blankly as a silent teardrop fall from the corner of his eye. His expression didn't change but his eyes were filled with loneliness. Alex bend his head slightly and closed his eyes. As if to stop the tears trying to burst out of his eyes. And then he mumbled to himself.

'' Why must you be the one to leave? WHY?'' He said in a very desperate voice. Lisa felt very helpless that she couldn't do anything for him.

Lisa went forward to his side and before Alex could react, she patted his head consolingly. Alex was stunned and stiffened, then he looked up at Lisa and stared at her for a few seconds before suddenly pulling her. Lisa was shocked as she fell into his arms.

Alex pulled her on his lap and hugged her tightly while resting his head on her shoulders. Lisa was shocked but come to her senses when she felt wetness on her shirt. Her eyes immediately softened and she patted his head again. Alex's body trembled a little because of crying. Lisa didn't felt good seeing him like this and said.

'' Your sister would have hated seeing you like this.''

When Alex heard this, his body stiffened. He stopped crying so desperately but still held onto Lisa tightly. After some time he finally let go of her and said,'' Thank you!''

Lisa smiled warmly but didn't say anything. She got up from his lap and pulled him up,'' Let's go. I will take you home. It's not good to drink too much for your health.''

Alex didn't refute and silently let her pull him. Though he also liked Lisa, after losing Robin, he never felt like seeking happiness. Especially since Lisa remind him of Robin. Their straightforwardness and braveness were alike.

Lisa opened the door and gets out of the car. Alex waited for her as he thought she had something to say to him when she suddenly hugged him and said,'' Big boss, I don't like seeing you like this. Please keep yourself together. Your sister would feel bad seeing you like this. She wouldn't want you and your brother entrapped in the past. I don't mean to say you should forget about her, I just want you to look forward to the future that has yet to come instead of the past.''

Alex was silent as he stared at her dazedly. Lisa didn't say anything else as she turned around to leave. Alex saw this and quickly hugged her from behind.

'' Where are you going?!'' He asked.

Lisa was shocked as her body stiffened.

'' I-I wanted to leave you alone to think about it through.'' She said as she broke out of his arms.