Chapter 3: Bhai, are you awake!?

Zayn entered the underground base and held a meeting right away. He introduced some people who we're gonna work for him in the underworld. He made a top-tier mercenary group in his stay in America who were actually loyal to him. Half of them have to stay in their base while the top assassins of the group will protect him and Alex. 

After Zayn finished his work here, it was already noon. He drove towards the hotel suit he temporarily booked. He passed through the market and bought some grocery items. It was a presidential suite. Therefore, there was a kitchen, dining room, and a sitting area. He specifically looked for such a suit.

Zayn arrived at the hotel and cooked steak with wine. Then he eats his food and slept.

The next day, Zayn changed into a dark blue retro suit and drove towards the hospital. When he arrived at room.no5, he saw that Alex was still in a coma. Although Zayn wasn't sure if Alex would wake up, he still feared that what if something went wrong.

Zayn took out his blazer and sat it aside. He was wearing a plain wine red shirt with diamond cufflinks without a tie. Then Zayn started working on his business. When it was time for launch, Zayn got up to prepare food. He made soup with some vegetable side dishes as he sat at the corner and silently eat his food. He looked at the sky out of the window. It was currently winter as the snow was falling. 

Looking at the sky, Zayn remembered when he, Alex, and Robin played with snowballs for the first time. They fall sick and Robin and Alex get worried for him. Then they never played so carelessly again in fear that Zayn will get sick. They packed Zayn up in layers of clothes if they were going to make a snowman.

He gazed at Alex, his eyes sorrowful as he lamented those beautiful memories. Since the fire 15 years ago, he stopped talking unless it's important. He became a loner when in actuality, he would never eat, work or sleep alone, but after that incident,  Zayn finds it hard to get close to strangers. 

Before coming back, he had specially prepared a beautiful villa with tight security but he was not willing to live there alone. He knew Alex would die in these few days but he did not want to believe that. He wants to carry a hope that maybe things will change in this life, though it seems unbelievable.

Thinking about that, Zayn felt very lonely. He often has a nightmare of that fire. Sometimes he even had nightmares of everyone leaving him behind. He was all alone in the dark, shouting to their fading backs to come back. He was always sweating when he woke up. It caused him serious insomnia. He hardly sleeps 4 hours before waking up because of nightmares. However, ever since he got news of his brother passing away in his previous life, he was shaken. He lost himself in grief. He could not sleep nor eat. He would drink till he is knock-out or ends up in the graveyard.

Tears formed at the corner of his eyes but Zayn quickly wiped them. He left his food and get up. Taking a bowl with hot water and cloth from the bathroom, he wiped Alex's face, hands, and feet.

After putting the bowl aside, Zayn sat beside Alex and took his hand as he was lost in his thoughts. Suddenly, he felt Alex's finger in his hand move. He looked at Alex's face and saw that Alex's eyebrows were twitching. Then Alex slowly opened his eyes.

Zayn was dumbfounded for quite some time before he quickly pressed the button near the bed as he held Alex's arm and asked,'' Bhai, Bhai, are you awake?!![1]''

Alex opened his eyes, he was blank out for a few seconds before he looked at Zayn. He opened his lips, however, he couldn't talk as his mouth was dry. Zayn saw this and quickly pour a warm cup of water and helped his brother drink the water.

Meanwhile, the doctors rushed in. When they saw that Alex was awake, they quickly did some tests on him.

Zayn was dazed for quite some time as he watched the doctors performing tests on Alex. Then the doctor said.

'' Congratulations! He is miraculously good now! You just need to take care of him. He needs to eat healthy food to recover his strength. He is weak right now so feed him more protein dishes and he will have trouble talking for a few days. He won't be able to use actions instantly. It will take him near 3 to 6 months to recover but there is nothing wrong with him. As for his scars on the back, they won't go but fade little by little as he grows up.''

[ 1. Bhai: Bhai means brother.]