Chapter 68: Mommy, you are making breakfast today?

After an hour, Violet woke up. As she opened her eyes, the first thing she saw was Nicole who was still sleeping in her arms. Her heart ached. It looked like Nicole was truly tired to sleep until now.

She gazed at Nicole dotingly before carefully pulling Nicole out of her arms. Then, she got out of bed without making voices. After that, she covered Nicole inside the quilt before going to have a bath in the guestroom. She didn't want to wake up Nicole.

After freshening up, Violet went downstairs. The butler quickly greeted her.

" Good morning, Madam."

Violet nodded at him before telling him. 

" Today, I will make breakfast. I know they must have already prepared it but told them that they can have it. I want to make breakfast for Nicole myself."

The butler was happy for them. He couldn't remember when was the last time Violet ever stepped into the kitchen but that doesn't mean she wasn't a good cook. She may be not good at making every dishes but some of the dishes she made were the best in Nicole's heart and no one could compare to that.

Violet went into the kitchen and started making breakfast. After some time, Nicole finally woke up. She rubbed her eyes as she was dazed. Then she remembered she was sleeping with her mother so she quickly looked around for Violet but didn't find her. After having a bath, she changed her clothes into white pants with a black sleeveless shirt that reached her inner thighs. Then she wore a loose black and white checkered shrug over it as it was the winter season.

When she went downstairs, she found the butler who quickly greeted her.

" Good morning, Young Miss."

" Yes. Good morning. Where is Mom?" Nicole asked.

" Madam is in the kitchen."

" What? Kitchen?!" Nicole was shocked. She hadn't eaten anything that her mother made for nearly 5 years because they were both busy. 

" Yes!" The butler replied happily.

Nicole quickly went inside the kitchen. She stopped at the door as she saw her mother cooking. There was only one person who was helping her. She was doing the rest herself.

Nicole saw that her mother was cooking the eggs. Her Mom was looking so cool from behind. Once in a while, Violet would shake the wok up and down. 

Nicole silently went towards her mother. The helper saw her so she signalled him to keep quiet by putting a finger over her lips. Then she went forward and suddenly hugged Violet from behind.

Violet's body stiffened instantly but then she realized it was Nicole and smiled," What are you doing? I am cooking." Though she seems to reprimand her, her tone was not at all stern.

Nicole smiled and put her head on Violet's shoulder. Then she asked while looking at her," Mommy, you are making breakfast today?" She asked in a childlike voice.

" Yes," Violet replied without looking at her.

" For me?" Nicole asked in a teasing tone.

" ... Yes." Violet felt awkward as she said. 

Nicole suddenly chuckled from behind. She was truly amazed by her mother. Violet was actually a very shy type of person whenever it comes to professing her love. She wouldn't be shy normally but if you specifically asked her how much she loves you, she would never be able to tell you.

The worst was when you tease her. Violet couldn't handle teasing at all. Nicole knew that because when she was young, her father told her that today, he was in a very good mood and kept teasing Violet. Until the night, her mother controlled herself but when their father teased about their honeymoon, their mother was so embarrassed and frustrated that she started crying. 

Her father apologized for a long time but she still didn't forgive him. He was even kicked out of the room. Then he comes to sleep with his daughter. Violet didn't talk to him for a few days. In the end, her father had to tell Nicole about this and ask her for help. Then Nicole convinced her mother to forgive their father. 

Whenever her parents had an argument, the one at fault would always come to her for help. But most of the time, it was her father who was at fault because he had low emotional intelligence and couldn't understand the underlying meanings.

Nicole laughed remembering that. Violet looked at her," What are you laughing about?"

" Nothing!" Then Nicole kissed Violet on her cheek from behind before letting go.