Chapter 134: Expectations Indeed Bring Disappointment.

Lisa woke up at 4:00 in the morning. She was thirsty. Since she was pregnant, she had quite a hard time sleeping and wakes up in the middle of the night. Sometimes she woke up too early yet sometimes she slept too late. At first, she thought it was because she was tired but later she understood that it was because she was pregnant. 

When she didn't see Alex beside her, she was stunned. She looked around the suite worriedly but didn't find him. She called him but saw that his phone was in the room. She wondered where could he have gone without his phone. She waited for 10 minutes and when he still didn't come, she grabbed her coat and went down. 

She asked the receptionist if they saw Alex going out. Then a staff member informed her that he went to the terrace of the hotel. Lisa didn't know why would he go to the terrace all night in such a cold. Worriedly she went up to the terrace. 

Alex was still sitting there dazedly with his glass of wine. He was spinning his glass slowly. The red wine in his glass looked enchanting to him tonight. He thought about so many things tonight. He recalled his forgotten past. Now that his feeling of guilt lessened since Robin is alive, he remembered his parents. He could never forget that moment when he last saw his parents. 

They were really happy. Their family was one of the happiest families. There were no conflicts in their family. No fights for inheritance. No jealousy. No partiality. No injustice. Their father loved their mother the most. Their mother loved him the most. He loved his sister the most and his sister loved her little brother the most. Most of all, their parents loved them and gave them the best life possible. They didn't drown them in luxuries. They thought them to be the great leaders of Alencica. He was called the finest Crown Prince. His Sister was the most adorable person in the Alencica and his younger brother was a wise and intelligent kid since young. They were so perfect, so happy, so satisfied with their lives when suddenly, a nightmare kicked them awake from their fantasy. Fantasy is after all just a fantasy. It is not real.

He misses his mom so much. He missed her. He felt more guilty now. For his cowardice, for his unfilialness. Because he was so drowning in his guilt towards Robin, he couldn't think about anything other than her of his past. He couldn't face his parents because he was scared they were disappointed in him. He didn't protect his kingdom and neither did he protect his family. All he did was drown in guilt. He never once visited his parents, his mother since he woke up from a coma because he was scared. He was scared of the past, he was scared of facing them, he was scared to be a disappointment to them but now that everything is over, He missed them to death. He missed his mother so much. She loved him so much. She wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice herself, her life for him but all he did was hide from her. He missed her so much. 

" Mummy, Mummy! What do I do? I miss you so much. So much that it's getting unbearable. Mummy, I want to see you again. One last time, at least one more time, I want to see you again. I miss you... "

He mumbled to himself as some tears fell from his eyes.  He drowned his glass filled with wine.  He filled it again and just when he was going to drink it, a hand stopped him. 

Lisa took the glass out of his hand and looked at him with complicated emotions. She didn't know that he is still this vulnerable. When it comes to his family, Alex is so vulnerable. No matter how much someone loves their family, at some point in life, their pain lessens as time goes on but his pain never lessens.

Alex was surprised to see her here. Lisa put the glass down on the table and went towards him. Alex was surprised to see her at first but then he smiled. He wanted to smile at her as he usually does but it looked sad. Because she could understand him better than anyone, Lisa could see through his smile. All she could see was the sadness he was desperately hiding behind his smile.

She approached him and sat on his lap. Then she put her hand on his face. Her fingers were slightly over his ear as they stared at each other. She gave him a light peck on his lips and said.

" Everything is alright now. It's all over. Robin is back. It's not too late to go back now. They are your parents, Alex. Don't underestimate their love for you. They could never be disappointed with you. They can never be upset with you. Rather, I am 100 per cent sure they are proud of you. Their first child, their darling son. I don't know about you but since I know that I am pregnant, I feel like I can do anything for our child. I also think that I can't ever be disappointed in them. Expectations indeed bring disappointment but you know what, there are no expectations between a child and his parents. Their relationship is not so lowly as to be hung up on such little things as expectations. The relationship between child and parents is so precious. As a soon-to-be-father, I guess you can understand what I am saying. I think Zayn and Robin must also want to visit your parents so go on with them. Don't feel guilty because your parents will feel even worse than you. If they think that everything happened because of them. that it happened because they left you alone, that they left all responsibilities on such a small kid, how would you feel? Would you feel good that your parents feel like this because of whatever happened? Would you? Obviously, you would not. Think in your parent's shoes. Do your best to protect what you have now before you lose them too. Robin, Zayn, our child, this country, you should think about them instead of what you had lost. I am not telling you to forget your past or your parents just because it hurt, I am telling you to learn from your past, respect it, remember it and be grateful for what you had and what you have."

Alex felt like crying. He tried his best to hold his tears in and hugged her tightly. He hid his face in her embrace. Every time! Every time that he is on the brink of losing his will, she saves him time and again. He can't even say how much he loves her. 

She is a blessing from god. God must have sent her to save him, to encourage him, to console him. He couldn't thank god enough. His life is too short for it.

" I love you! I really do! Thank you so much for being by my side! I love you, Lisa... "

Lisa was shocked by his sudden confession but then she smiled. She got so emotional just now. She said more than she usually does.