Chapter 106: International Painter.

Lisa looked at her own trembling hands before she looked up at Emma with wavering eyes. Those memories told her that this person surely loved her even if no one else does. Suddenly, tears started flowing out of her eyes as she looked at Emma.
When Emma saw her crying and trembling, she felt anxious and afraid. She was afraid that Lisa would cry more. She staggered backwards as she didn't want to see Lisa cry. However, just then,  a delicate yet trembling hand grabbed the hem of her sleeves as Lisa called out with a trembling voice.
" Mumma~... "
Emma was startled. And before she could react, Lisa hugged her. She buried her head into Emma's arms as she cried. When Emma saw Lisa crying so vulnerably, she regained her senses and consoled Lisa.
" What's wrong, dear?! What happened?! Why are you crying like this?! Tell Mummy so I can help you!"
Emma hugged Lisa tightly as she patted her head. Lisa didn't say anything as she kept crying for a long time. While crying, she fell asleep. When Emma saw that Lisa fell asleep, she carefully lay her down on the bed and covered her in the quilt. After kissing her on the forehead, Emma went out as Alwx followed her. They sat at the living room as Emma asked him.
" When did you meet her?" She didn't ask who are you or what is your relationship with Lisa because it was already clear on the internet. He was Alex, the planning director of the Zar Corporation and the fiancee of her daughter, Lisa.
Alex respectfully answered.
" When we were children. She may be around 4-6 years old at that time."
Hearing this, Emma wanted to cry but controlled herself. Then she asked him.
" How did you meet her?!"
Hearing this question, Alex went silent. He didn't know if he should answer this question. When Emma saw him silent, she clenched her hands and asked again.
" Tell me! How did you meet her?!"
Alex sighed as he finally said.
" ...I was walking in a small ally at night when I suddenly heard some voices so I hid. Lisa was kidnapped by the human traffickers. I saved her, and since then, she stayed by my side... "
Emma's eyes were really red and teary as she tried her best to control her tears. She was a strong and independent woman even before she married Arlo but whenever it is related to Lisa, she lost control of her emotions.
Emma was also shocked about the fact that he saved Lisa when he himself was barely a kid like her. But she had read about  his great achievements on the internet so she thought maybe it was possible.  If she ever knew that Alex was the Crown Prince, she would never dare to doubt about him.
She didn't want to ask further. She wanted to hear it from Lisa herself.
Afterwards, Alex forced Emma to eat food and when she said she wasn't hungry, Alex told her she needs to be strong in order to take care of Lisa. Emma reluctantly had dinner with Alex. They didn't woke up Lisa as they knew she was tired and needed a rest. Emma stayed there in the guestroom.
Alex went back to the room and checked upon Lisa. After that he went out to the balcony and called someone. He knew Emma name and identity. When his parents were still alive, he saw her once at the ball party. Moreover, at that time she wasn't even married. She come from middle family. They were neither poor nor rich. However, she was so talent and crazy about painting that she become an international painter at the age of 18. She come to the ball party at the age of 20. At that time, she had already gained fame in the whole world and was known as the best youngest painter in the world. However, since the day she lost her daughter, the once best painter disappeared from the world. No matter how hard people try to convince her, they could not even meet her.
Alex also knew that she married Arlo. He just heard it once but he remembered. Alex thought in his heart. ' After all, it was because of Arlo only.'
When the person picked up, Alex ordered. " I want the information regarding Emma, the wife of Arlo Gonzalo and everything about both of them. "
Though Arlo was the military general, Alex himself was the Crown Prince. Practically, he should be the king instead.