Day 7 - New friend

And so Takao finally reached Midorima's home. When the green-haired boy got out and was about to get on the rick shaw, he noticed all the bags but not the puppy, hiding between them.

"Takao, what's all this?" He asked.

"Oh, just some things I needed to buy. Don't worry, move them if they trouble you." The other boy answered, looking forward as to hide his smile.

And so Midorima moved the bags to the other side of the rick shaw only to find a green-eyed puppy staring right back at him.

"What is this? " He asked again. This time the puppy answered with a bark, getting up and waving its tail, saying hello to the new person.

"A puppy. Our team's new mascot." Takao said with a grin, one of his hands scratching the back of his neck. "Do you like him?"

Midorima looked at the puppy for a few seconds before answering. "No." That was the only answer before he moved the puppy on top of the bags and entered the rick shaw, too.

Takao rolled his eyes but started pedaling towards the school. He knew his best friend would eventually warm up to the little animal. Or he'd have to anyway.

Their other teammates didn't have any problem with the puppy. Actually, they liked it immediately. And later, when they had a practice, the puppy was great fun to watch. It chased the ball, barked its small bark, waved its tail.

When the day was finally over and everyone was getting ready to head home, Takao too was busy with changing out of his sweaty shirt. When he got ready and out of the changing room to fetch the puppy, he saw something interesting (also kinda cute and possibly material for blackmail).

Midorima was playing with the puppy.

His lucky item this day was a tennis ball. So he was throwing it and the puppy was bringing it back (it may be a young puppy but it was a clever puppy obviously). And Midorima had this gentle smile on his lips. So Takao decides not to interrupt the cute scene and went back inside to get Midorima's stuff too and put everything in the rick shaw. When he pedalled to where his friend and the puppy were, the green-haired boy had the puppy in his arms, petting it gently.

"Let's walk today. This way the puppy will get some exercise too." The boy proposed.

"Wasn't your little game till now enough exercise?" Takao asked, one eyebrow higher than the other.

"What game?" Midorima asked with his poker face, starting to walk in front of his friend.

"Nothing, nothing, forget I asked." Takao said, knowing his friend. Midorima liked the puppy but wasn't one to show such stuff. Obviously.

"This thing never happened." Midorima argued, fixing yet again his glasses.

"You're the same as Kagami." Takao said. "Both of you, at least admit you like the puppies, come on. See, they get along splendidly."

The Seirin team members and the two from Shutoku looked to Tetsuya and Yoshi (Midorima named the puppy after all), happily playing with a basketball that was nearly bigger than them.

This was the beginning of a great friendship.