Day 138 - Missed the moment

Rakuzan was gaining more and more points, their pace steady as ever, bringing them closer to the next stage. Touou's time was running out.

Near the end of the third quarter Aomine thought he had to finally take action. Besides, Akashi seemed to have let his guard down after shutting down Aomine in the beginning. And that was Touou's ace plan, to not act much so as to take Akashi's eyes and attention off of himself.

Then he saw the moment he's been waiting for. Akashi was distracted by some passes going around in his team while attacking when Aomine suddenly ran forwards, stealing the ball. There was the familiar light in Aomine's eyes.

He was in the Zone in a second, his will opening the door as easily as ever.

"I knew it."

Aomine was mid-jump towards the hoop when he heard the murmured words coming from behind him. He started turning his head to see if Akashi really was there but it was too late. The pink-haired boy was already in front of him, jumping to protect his hoop. As the ball was already leaving Aomine's hand he couldn't stop it and so Akashi got it, quickly passing it to Reo.

When the boys reached the ground again, Akashi ran forwards to help with the attack while Aomine stood there, shocked and a bit angry. He wasted his chance for a surprise move. Or he never even had it. This was Akashi after all.

Aomine had to play with his teammates too. He only hoped they could keep up.

Meanwhile Akashi was watching the blue-haired boy, thinking of the next move. He knew Aomine hadn't given up. No, he was just beginning to show his fangs.