Day 117 - Two in the Zone

Midorima was getting ready for yet another shot. He chose the move that Aomine had the least chance to block. So the green-haired confidently jumped without the ball, knowing Takao's pass would be impeccable as always.

And it was, flying right towards where it had to, perfect for Midorima's perfect shot. Until a blue cloud appeared in front of the tall boy.

Aomine!

He had jumped high enough. And quickly enough. Managing to steal the ball right from Midorima's hands, Aomine flew forward towards Shutoku's basket. Before anyone could even turn around the boy had already scored with no problem.

When he turned around, the green-haired understood everything. His ex team mate was in the zone, his eyes shining dangerously while his childish, happy smile was on his lips.

So the question now was was Aomine to play solo again or his teammates could somehow keep up with his speed. Whatever happened though Midorima had a plan.

He would enter the Zone, too. And he knew how to pull Takao in with him. Shutoku would have two players in this powerful place.

The green-haired had gotten the idea while watching the Seirin versus Rakuzan match last year. It was something like Akashi's power. While the boy was good at passing, Midorima was the best at utilising these passes by scoring the best possible three pointers.

So Midorima used this to make the game even smoother, following only a few steps: get the ball to Takao, he passes, Midorima shoots, repeat. And these steps had to be done as fast as possible with no interruptions. So Takao would start doing the same thing repeatedly and the chance of mistake would go down drastically.

But since both Takao and Midorima would be at the exact same spots when they do their moves, the other three in their team had to act like this wasn't happening and had to distract the Touou players.

Well, now or never. They had to try this tactic sometime anyway Midorima thought. The boy concentrated for a few seconds and the next time he opened his eyes, they had the same dangerous glow as Aomine's. Takao knew what was about to happen so he got ready, too.

But Aomine too noticed the change in Midorima's demeanour. He knew something was coming.