Day 181 - Close combat

It seemed that Murasakibara fed his puppy mainly with sweets. Even if the animal had grown up on the streets and had more stamina, this speed was way too much even for all that training. So it had to be all the sugar that Murasakibara gave in the form of cookies and chocolate.

And right now the purple pup showed his speed. He seemed like his human, either too slow or too fast. But was his scoring as his human's too?

Hissori wondered what the other puppy would do, too. He started stepping back, keeping his eyes on the purple pup at all times. But he still had to defend. So he wanted more space if he had to jump.

But the purple puppy didn't give him even an inch. For every step that Hissori made backwards, his opponent made twice forward. Was he better in close combat? Hissori had no chance but to give up and let the other animal take him one on one.

And just as he was getting ready, the purple pup disappeared. Suddenly he was behind Kise's pup, jumping lightly and tapping the ball in to the hoop.

Everyone was surprised but both Kise and his pup thought about something else. This meant Murasakibara's pup couldn't shoot from distance and used his speed to get close.

Maybe they could think of something to counter that.