Day 115 - Team play

He stole the ball himself, diving forward, playing solo just like before. And then suddenly stopped, jumping backwards and shooting. A three pointer.

As always no one could reach Aomine's speed. So the boy had no problem scoring from this distance. Even Midorima could only watch, unable to do anything.

But now it was time for the green-haired to show his claws. One of his teammates threw the ball, getting it back into the game. So Midorima got it and shot. From next to his basket. Right into the middle of the opponent's one.

Shutoku took those three points back if it was nothing.

Aomine smirked. Of course this wasn't going to be easy. He had to attack again. So he did. But his ex teammate was onto him in seconds this time.

The shorter boy wasn't fazed though as he simply passed the ball. Aomine passed. Aomine. Passed.

Midorima couldn't believe it, stopping for a second, wondering what had happened and giving enough time to the blue-haired to charge forward, getting the ball again and scoring another two points.

But Shutoku was fast on the attack too and quickly returned it again. Midorima used team play too. It was expected from him but it certainly wasn't from Aomine.

Still, when Aomine played with his team his movements were even more unpredictable. Before you had to read only him, now you had to predict when would he pass and what would that person do, too.

Everyone in Touou played with the ball and scored. And yet they still somehow managed to give Aomine his space and freedom. Whenever he wanted the ball, he got it. Whenever he wanted someone to be there, someone was there. It's like the whole team had trained and built around Aomine, the central pillar. And yet they all were strong on their own and could attack on their own surprisingly.

But Shutoku's defense was ready while also giving freedom to Midorima and Takao to do their tricks. While the latter performed some incredible passes, the former jumped and shot from normally impossible distances.

Both Touou and Shutoku were fired now, not giving an inch to the other. When one scored, the other returned it double. The scores were flying high but always equally.

Unfortunately, someone had to win though.