Day 73 - Rainy night

Takao was over for a visit. He said since the weather was getting hotter it was a good idea to run during night time.

Midorima wondered where had his friend heard that stupid idea.

But before he knew it, the shorter boy was playing around with Yoshi, asking him if he wanted to go out and run freely. In the end Midorima had no choice but to follow Takao and the puppy out of the door.

It was actually pretty nice, the three of them ran a bit for a warm-up, then, after finding a well lit court, the two boys began passing around a basketball, the pup chasing it around.

Suddenly, there was a loud crack, like the sky had broken. And it began pouring. In mere seconds the three friends were drenched. And one of them was scared.

The pup had jumped, scared of the loud sound. So Midorima had quickly ran to him, picking him up and hugging him close to his body, trying to shelter the animal from the hard rain. Takao pulled on his sleeve and the two boys began running towards the green-haired's home.

Finally safe from the rain, the two boys breathed heavily, sighing. Then Midorima looked at his friend.

"Great idea, Takao." He said, face expressionless. He would be very good at poker, the shorter boy thought.

"I didn't know it would rain, it was sunny all throughout the day." He shrugged.

There was another loud crack from outside. Yoshi whimpered in Midorima's arms, making him look down and pet the puppy.

"Are you cold or are you afraid now? Why are you trembling?" The boy asked worriedly. "Let's dry you off first."

Once in the bathroom, the boy put Yoshi on the floor to retrieve a towel. Once the puppy was free, his first task was to dry himself off in his own way. So it did what dogs did, and shook off all the water from his fur, covering everything with droplets of rain, including his human.

Great idea, Takao. Midorima rolled his eyes, this time at himself.

Meanwhile said boy was into the kitchen, getting something to drink after all the running he had done, also leaving droplets of water from his hair in his wake.