Day 64 - Number 2's disappearing move

Everyone was sat on the grass in the park next to the court, relaxing after the game and all the feelings connected with it. The pups were lying around, some eating, some sleeping, some somewhere between those two activities.

Meanwhile the boys were commenting on the match, talking about the animals' moves and how they had taught them.

Midorima, while fixing his glasses as always, explained how he had trained Yoshi, showing him how he and Takao did the move a few times. In the end the green-eyed boy admitted, albeit unwillingly, that Takao had given the idea.

Next was Kise, saying how he had randomly found out that his pup, Hissori, was good at passing while playing with him. The boy explained how this skill of the pup's had gotten them together, to tolerate and eventually like each other as a human and his puppy.

Aomine, with his lazy voice and while twirling around a ball, said how he was turning Senshi into a real fighter and the first step might as well be basketball. This way he would train the pup's legs and stamina. It was a good start for now.

The last turn was Kuroko's. And his pup's vanishing drive. The boy explained that while he used someone else to make himself disappear, his puppy used the ball. Little Tetsuya had passed the ball backwards, supposedly out of bounds, where the other team had followed with their eyes. But in truth, while running forward Tetsuya had grabbed the ball with his tail, making both himself and the orange object suddenly disappear from the others' field of vision.

Kuroko admitted he hadn't tried it properly with the pup, only taught him the concept, but it had obviously worked. And won him and Hissori the match.

When the boys fell silent after their conversation, watching their respective puppies, everyone was talking how these matches weren't going to be just for fun anymore. No, from here on out everyone had to train harder, both humans and puppies.

Because there were more matches to come both for the humans and the puppies.