Day 122 - It can't be copied

Kise saw this coming, Akashi standing before him, looking decisively in his eyes. Kaijo's ace had to think of something and outwit the Emperor Eye. He tried Kotaro's drive. Then Tatsuya's. Went for Hyuga's shot with a step backwards. Next was Aomine's form. But Akashi still kept up somehow. Or if he was a bit slower, another Rakuzan player magically appeared next to Kise, stopping him. Did Akashi plan this too?

Kise had no choice, he had to try the Emperor Eye to throw Akashi off. So he did.

Nothing happened.

Why?

It worked against Kagami. So why?! Did Akashi expect this too?

The boy in question smiled his gentle smile.

"Let me show you how it's done, Ryota."

In a second Akashi's hand was on the ball, stealing it from Kise and running forward. But the blond boy could easily catch up. With Aomine's speed. But when he stepped in front of Akashi, the boy still had his smile.

"Finally you caught up. Now it's time for a lesson. On how to do the Emperor Eye."

Akashi dribbled the ball a bit. Kise didn't think he was doing anything special. And then the speed suddenly got faster, the ball disappeared. The taller boy wanted to make a step forward and find the ball, get it. A second later and Akashi was moving forward. Another second later Kise was sitting on the floor, looking up at his ex captain.

"This move is only mine. No one can copy it. I'm sorry, Ryota."

And then Akashi scored with no problem.

The gap was widening and Kise didn't seem to be able to stop it.