Day 151 - The day after

The next day the whole team was in the gym. Yet the gym had never before been that quiet.

Seirin couldn't just forget what happened yesterday overnight. They had lost. In the finals. Of the Winter Cup. Against Rakuzan. The same event they had won last year against the same team.

And yet...

They were so far apart this year. They looked like little animals that the old and experienced lions from Rakuzan toyed with before eating.

Was last year just beginner's luck? Or they just surprised Rakuzan? Or did they just let them win out of pity?

No, the last was impossible. While the first one was probably the answer. They had had luck, that was it all.

Riko tried to motivate her boys to play a bit and not think about their last match. But the orange ball only reminded them of said match. Even little Tetsuya seemed to not be in a good mood after sensing his favourite human wasn't happy either.

It was this pink-haired human's fault. The Boss' fault. The pup promised himself to win his game of Chase the orange ball against the reddish puppy. He had to, for his human.

And while Seirin was still down, Rakuzan was flying high. Everyone but one was partying in some way. But instead of partying, Akashi had visited his reddish puppy, spending the day with him.

Well, not his puppy, he wasn't his yet. But hopefully soon enough...

Today was the day. Akashi was going to ask the puppy to be his.