Day 165 - Off to a great start

The place was the same, the time too. Even one of the teams was the same.

Today was the second match from the puppy tournament.

A big difference though, were Aomine's and Kise's demeanours. They were a lot more serious than yesterday, busying around their puppies and making sure they were ready. They went over tactics with them and warmed them up by running around with them. All in all, they were a lot quieter than yesterday.

The audience had nothing interesting to watch and on the other bench where the other team was getting ready, too. Trust Midorima and Kuroko to talk quietly and not show their excitement. At least their puppies showed some emotion by waggling their tails.

Off to a boring start then...

In a few minutes it was time for the match to begin. Momoi threw the ball and the clock started ticking. Senshi and Hissori ran forward, getting the ball from a startled Tetsuya. They had to score the first point. It was part of their tactic.

And so they did. While Tetsuya was trying to catch up, they made a few circles around Yoshi, confusing him, and then scored with no problem.

Then, it was time for them to defend.

Tetsuya ran forward while Yoshi was left behind. So he wasn't going to participate in this attack. Feeling safe, Hissori and Senshi jumped forward to defend with everything they had. Seconds later they saw the newest move Kuroko's puppy could do. Another copy, this time of a move that Akashi did.

Little Tetsuya passed backwards without looking. The only thing indicating he knew where he was passing was the movement of his ears. He relayed on the noises his teammate was making.

And before anyone knew it, Yoshi had returned the basket.

So the start wasn't so good for Kise and Aomine's team...