Day 78 - Alright

"How could you give so many sweets and chips to the puppies? It's not healthy!" Midorima jumped up, anger in his voice.

"Eh? But Number 2 wanted." Murasakibara said slowly, blinking up at the now standing in front of him green-haired boy.

"That doesn't mean you should give him any food. The puppies eat special food, not this." Midorima continued, putting his hands on his hips.

Murasakibara just shrugged while Aomine laughed.

"What are you going to do when you get a puppy?" He asked while trying to catch his breath.

"I don't want one. I won't get one." The tallest boy said, looking to Aomine.

"You can't not want one. You have to get one, we all did." Kise protested. "Or will." He looked pointedly to Akashi.

"I'm working on it." The boy said, calmly eating his lunch.

"I never agreed to this." Murasakibara grumbled, eating another chip. "Besides, where would you find a purple dog? Or a dog with purple eyes. That's impossible."

"If Akashi has managed so will you." Aomine said.

"Right... Because we can all do what Akashi can." Murasakibara rolled his eyes. "Nope, this is impossible."

"Well, if you actually searched instead of eating all the time..." Midorima fixed his glasses, going back to his place and sitting down, warily observing the happy puppies.

"If I find you a puppy, will you look after it?" Akashi asked quietly, still paying more attention to his food.

Murasakibara laughed.

"Yeah, if you find a pup like that."

"Alright then. I will." Akashi lifted his eyes, looking straight at the purple ones of the tall boy. "But you promise to look after it properly, keep it well-fed, clean, healthy. It shouldn't miss anything." His tone was very serious. Everyone knew he meant business. So everyone was quiet, looking from their excaptain to the purple-haired boy.

This seemed familiar, reminded them of one important one on one match years ago. But now Murasakibara knew not to oppose Akashi, no matter which Akashi he was.

Finally the tall boy nodded, grumbling an 'alright' before going back to his food. Akashi too nodded and finished his lunch quietly, soon enough going to the four puppies to observe them (and play a bit with them, even he had a heart). Midorima knew he was still planning how to win over this puppy of his he had found.

Akashi really was very serious about this whole puppy thing. No one thought he actually would be so invested. But everyone was curious to see what was going to happen.

A purple-eyed puppy. Or one with purple fur. Even Murasakibara was interested.