Day 97 - Not giving up

After a few more minutes of inspecting the puppy, Murasakibara seemed content enough and put the animal down. The reddish one quickly walked closer, also looking the pup over. When he was sure there was no harm, he walked closer to Murasakibara, sniffing him.

The boy had pulled out a packet of crackers from somewhere and was happily eating them. Once he noticed the dog sniffing and looking at him, the boy took out a cracker, offering it to the animal.

"Hungry?" He asked. Akashi shook his head. Of course, that was the Murasakibara he knew.

"Really, we should talk about what to give to puppies and what not."

"Food is food, everyone can eat it." Murasakibara shrugged, popping the cracker in his mouth after the pup only sniffed it and shook his head as if saying no.

Eventually Akashi and Murasakibara walked to a nearby bench sitting down with the puppies following them. And the red-haired began executing his actual plan, to talk to the reddish puppy. And the taller boy noticed how the animal actually acted like he was understanding Akashi, looking him in the eyes and even nodding from time to time.

When Akashi pointed to Murasakibara the puppy looked to him and nodded, as if saying hello, like they were officially introduced to one another. The boy, surprised at the action, nodded too.

A few moments later the purple puppy jumped on the bench next to the purple-head, sniffing at the bag of crackers.

"Do you want one?" Murasakibara asked while offering a cracker to the animal. He sniffed it like the red puppy. But unlike his friend, this pup actually ate it and gave one happy bark, putting his front paws on Murasakibara's legs and waggling his tail.

"Yummy, right?" The boy asked. "Here, have some more." He shook the packet a bit, making a few crackers fall in his hand and moving it towards the puppy, which quickly began eating.

Neither the boy nor the animal noticed the other two watching them. Both Akashi and his reddish pup were looking at their friends on the bench.

At the end of the day Murasakibara officially had a puppy and took him home. Akashi on the other hand still wasn't sure where he stood with the young reddish dog.

He got his answer though when the animal didn't follow him through the gates of his home. Yeah, he still had his gang to care for after all, Akashi thought.

He wouldn't give up though.