Day 22 - Basketball challenge

While at the park, Murasakibara and little Tetsuya easily made their way through all the sweets and candy the former had bought. After a while the puppy ended up in the boy's lap, his eyes closing sleepily while said boy lazily stroked his back.

Until two boys ran up to the bench the puppy and his human were occupying.

"Hey, you are the one from the market, right?" One of the boys asked while still trying to catch his breath from all the running.

Murasakibara slowly looked up before answering with an even slower 'yeah'.

"Wanna play basketball with us? You're so tall, you must be good at it?" The second boy asked.

"Eh? Basketball you say?" Murasakibara asked, seemingly uninterested. "Number 2, what do you say? Wanna play basketball?" The boy asked the puppy which had lifted up its head curiously at the new arrivals.

Tetsuya turned his eyes to the boys, wondering if they were good at chasing the orange ball. He knew the Tree was one of the best, that much was obvious. After a few seconds the puppy barked, suddenly full of energy, jumping on the ground and waving its tail at Murasakibara. That meant they were going with the boys.

And so they did. After a short walk, the two boys let the tall boy and the puppy to a basketball court where two other boys were waiting, chatting.

After a few exchanges of names and getting to know each other, the boys started wondering from where to find another human to play with them so each team could have three players.

"Number 2 can play." Murasakibara said, the puppy in his hands, smiling with its tongue out.

"Who?" One of the boys asked.

"The puppy?" Another one added.

"Yep." Was the only short answer.

"But he's a puppy..." A third boy said, uncertainty in his voice.

Tetsuya barked like he was understanding what the human's were saying and was angry. The boys all looked at each other.

"I bet that the two of us can beat you." Murasakibara said smugly.

"Of course, you're like three meters tall." One of the boys scoffed.

"I'll play only on defence." Murasakibara shrugged. "Wanna try?"