Day 119 - Congratulations and the next match

"Congratulations on the win."

"Congratulations on the good tactics and effort."

Midorima and Aomine shook their hands, no regrets or sadness in their eyes. Midorima wasn't complaining, Aomine wasn't showing off. But the respect was evident.

Soon enough the other guys from the Generation of Miracles joined the two in the hall, Tatsuya looking around worriedly while following an unbothered Murasakibara, a small storm of puppies coming after them.

After all the congratulations and comments on the match (and a few pets and hugs for the puppies), the boys began focusing on the next match. Kaijo versus Rakuzan.

So soon both Kise and Akashi went back in to warm up while the other boys tried to calm the puppies and follow them. After a few more minutes everyone was seated, waiting for the beginning of the next duel.

The whole building knew this was an important match, everyone was quiet, eyes trained on the court, waiting for the teams to show their jerseys and start the battle.

And so, both teams lined up, greeted the other, wished for a fair game and then began the match.

Akashi, as Midorima and Aomine in the previous match, decided to lay back a bit and watch the opponent for a while. That was his tactic always, really. But Kise didn't follow this plan. No, he jumped straight in, attacking and defending with his teammates. It was obvious his skills were on a higher level, just as his teammates' skills. Everyone had improved.

But so had Rakuzan, they didn't give an inch. The two teams began scoring baskets back and forth, no one really leading again.

But Kise wasn't doing any flashy moves really, wasn't copying anyone from the Generation of Miracles or Kagami. He was laying low for now, even if his engine and fire were on. So Akashi decided not to overwork and tire himself so early in the game. His teammates could manage for now.

After all, Akashi's mark was Kise, he didn't really need to worry about anyone else.

So the game started off a bit slowly. But this was only the beginning. And of course a match between the guys from the Generation of Miracles was never boring. There was much more to come.