Over being 2nd place.

I did as they said.

Asked no questions.

Spoke no truth, to anyone.

I was vaguely a thought, a wonder in some minds.

I never gave anyone any inkling that we were a thing.

Even when it meant having dinner with his wife, playing assistant.

I was done by the end of the night, her constant mention of their perfect life, perfect marriage and perfect relationship. It was bogus and even she knew it.

"Why are you crying?" Teddy asked and I pushed him away, he definitely lied to her about where he was going.

And there came the problems.

I didn't wanna be a good mistress, I didn't wanna stay quiet or worry about the media.

I simply wanted him, his company, his love, his affection and most of all his trust.

I wanted him to know he could tell me anything, show me anything and I wouldn't run, or hide. I would embrace him, respect him, and love him even more.

"I can't do this." I mumbled and backed away from him.

"W-what are you talking about?" He whispered, his hand slightly shaking.

"I CAN'T DO THIS!" I yelled almost losing it and when his eyes widened I knew he was shocked at my outburst. "I can't act like something isn't wrong with me, when I'm dying inside! I die everytime i see you two together. And yes I understand that wasn't what we discussed but I'm sorry Teddy, I can't do this!" I pointed between me and him. "Any more." He went to open his mouth but quickly closed it and I shook my head walking off.

I heard him calling for me but I just walked off, if he wasn't gonna make me a priority in his life I would make It easy and leave on my own.

I know the media would have a field day when they learn I quit, his fans always hated me from the start and it sucked. Two days later the Internet went crazy. I was getting all types of hate from not only his fans but other celebrities.

After two weeks the drama died down, I finally felt somewhat better and happier.

"It's way too soon."

"Jayla, we are mistresses. Nothing is too soon." I licked my lips taking a deep breath.

"This guy married?"

"Duh."

"I don't wanna date another married guy, any single friends?"

"Yeah, I just figu-"

"I know, just I wanna go on a date with someone single, I'm done with this mistress crap, one day when we're both happy it's gonna come back to bite us in the ass."

"Fuck Karma and her ass biting, you want someone famo-"

"I don't care, as long as their relationship status is SINGLE.." I stretched the word and she rolled her eyes.

Addie told me the guy's name and kinda described him, I asked for a picture but she said I'll know when I see him.

She plays too many games sometimes.

I had gotten to this bar she said we would meet and looked around, I was happy it wasn't super packed but there was also no one alone so I figured he wasn't here yet, I found and roundly seat at the bar and ordered a drink before I began to scroll through social media I was still getting some hate but it was definitely not as bad.

I know clicking Teddy's profile would only hurt myself more but I couldn't help it, and just to see he was happy and in Hawaii with his wife showed me exactly what I meant to him.