JiuQiansui's Little Emperor 12

Is that so?

The maid retracted her gaze, a smile slowly appeared on her face.

Although the talent performances of those women who have not left the pavilion are missing, the performances of this bonfire party are still wonderful. It can be said that 18 martial arts have been performed, and even the ministers' wives have show their talents.

Following the usual practice, Bai Chen awarded the top three awards based on the votes of the people present, and verbally praised the others as well. Then he ordered people to carry the whole roasted prey to share the food with the ministers to express the friendship between the monarch and ministers.

When the process was complete, Bai Chen pulled Xie Zhengyi back to the tent with the excuse of being too drunk. Once back in the tent, Bai Chen dismissed Bi Luo and others and embraced Xie Zhengyi enthusiastically.

The next day, the spring hunt officially began.

Bai Chen yawned sleepily and shot the first arrow, making a good start for spring hunting.

After the children who participated in the spring hunt entered the forest, Xie Zhengyi touched Bai Chen's soft hair and said distressedly: "Baby, you're too sleepy, go back to sleep for a while, I'll be here."

Bai Chen's tears flickered in his eyes because of sleepiness, so his reaction was a little slow. He listened to Xie Zhengyi's words, after reacting, he nodded.

As an incapable emperor, it really doesn't matter if he retires early. Anyway, he has done everything he needs to be the emperor. He thinks so, but Bai Chen's hand still holds Xie Zhengyi's palm tightly.

This is acting like a baby.

Xie Zhengyi's heart is soft and distressed. Most of the people in this meeting have already entered the woods, and only a small number of people are waiting for the return of the contestants while drinking. It is fine for him to leave for a while.

So Xie Zhengyi said something to his confidant on the side, and after the few words to his confidant, ignoring the gazes of those who stayed, he pulled Bai Chen up and walked to the tent.

After placing Bai Chen and coaxing him to sleep, Xie Zhengyi told Bi Luo to take a good look at Bai Chen, after Bai Chen woke up, immediately sent someone to notify him, and then he left with some worry.

When Bai Chen was sleeping in a daze, he felt an unfamiliar breath approaching him, so he opened his eyes sharply and looked at the person coming.

The person was shocked by Bai Chen's keen reaction, and then calmly said: "Emperor, you are awake, this maid is here to take care of you."

Bai Chen slowly got up from the bed and looked at the maid in front of the bed. "Where is Bi Luo?"

The maid replied softly: "Reply back to the emperor, Big Sister Bi Luo has gone out because of something." As she said, she slowly moved closer to Bai Chen.

Bai Chen's expression was light, and didn't stop her.

Seeing that Bai Chen did not move, the smile on the maid's face became brighter and brighter. She raised her foot on one knee and knelt by the bed, making a motion to climb the bed. As she approached Bai Chen, she suddenly flipped her wrist and something slipped out of her sleeve, putting the sharp dagger against Bai Chen white and tender neck.

Bai Chen's face remained unchanged, and he calmly asked: "Who are you? Assassin?"

The maid smiled lightly, raised her other hand, stroking her face, and then moved her finger, suddenly a human skin mask was removed from her face. It peeled off, revealing a handsome man's face.

"The emperor of the DaYan seems to be a little different from the rumors," the man smiled, but the dagger in his hand against Bai Chen's neck did not relax at all. "Your calmness is a little unexpected."

Bai Chen said nothing. .

The man smiled and didn't care if Bai Chen spoke or not. "There is no malice here, it's just that this one master wants to make a deal with the emperor."

"A nameless emperor, is the emperor really happy as you are now? My master said, as long as you cooperate with him, he can help you regain your rights, and even help you kill Xie Zhengyi."

The man said, his face was full of composure, as if he was sure that Bai Chen would agree unconditionally after hearing this condition.

Bai Chen, who succeeded in eliciting careful consideration and taking the initiative to negotiate terms, was just as the man thought, and did not refuse, but did not agree.

Bai Chen looked at the man and said coldly: "Who is your master?"

"His royal highness the crown prince of Lian Country."

"Presumably emperor must also knows that the frontier has not been peaceful recently, right? To tell you the truth, the emperor promised his royal highness that if he could take over Huxiao city of DaYan and include it in the territory of Lian, that will be the day of his royal highness enthronement, therefore, his royal highness is planning to attack Huxiao City recently, but there are too many people who want to prevent His Royal Highness from enthroning, so to be on the safe side, his royal highness send me here to make a deal with the Emperor."

"As long as emperor is willing to take out the topographic map around Huxiao city, and also found the platoon map of Huxiao city and dedicated to his royal highness, his highness will help emperor remove Xie Zhengyi, regain power, so the emperor won't be a puppet anymore"

"Why should I believe you?" Bai Chen said.

The man seemed to have expected Bai Chen's question a long time ago. He took out a document from his chest, "This is written by his highness himself, and his private seal is printed. With this contract promise, emperor doesn't have to worry about his highness breaking his promise."

The man handed the paper to Bai Chen.

Bai Chen took it and read it briefly, sneering in his heart, the crown prince of Lian country not only wanted to tie a white wolf with bare hands1, but also regarded Xuanyuan Yan as a fool.

But Xuanyuan Yan was indeed a fool, otherwise, how could he easily fall into the other party's trick.

Huxiao City is not only a frontier city, but also a military powerhouse of DaYan.

The high terrain of Huxiao City is not only easy to defend and difficult to attack, but also repel Lian country and Qi country one after another. This is a must-see for the three countries, which country got it will have a very strong initiative on the side of the war, but the significance of Huxiao City is more than that to DaYan.

Because of the terrain of DaYan, the cities within Huxiao City are relatively easy to attack and difficult to defend. Once Huxiao City is captured by another country, there will only be one result to welcome DaYan, and that is be flattened by other nation like a railway, because of this, DaYan has regard Huxiao City as a military powerhouse, turning Huxiao City into a tight iron barrel, so no other country can easily take Huxiao City.

But the crown prince of Lian country opened his mouth saying he want Huxiao City, it's just like opening his mouth saying he want the entire Da Yan, but the other party deceived Xuanyuan Yan, the straw bag, who didn't understand anything, and tempted Xuanyuan Yan with what Xuanyuan Yan want most.

Not only that, even this contract document is uncountable.

The crown prince of Lian country is the one who will be the emperor in the future. Naturally, he can't do things that would be fatal and damaging to his face, so as long as this document disappears in the future and Xuanyuan Yan can't take it out, he naturally doesn't have to abide by this so-called treaty.

Bai Chen touched the contract document processed with white phosphorus and said: "I can agree, but I want to add a condition."

1. Idiom meaning to gain valuable things with worthless things or even nothing; gaining benefit without doing anything