Domineering Hunter's Delicate Husband 17

"Cough."

Doctor Zhou coughed heavily behind the two of them to remind them that there were others present, they shouldn't do too much.

Although the engagement is a sure thing, the two of them shouldn't be too intimate, the gate of the yard was still wide open. Because of this grand engagement, almost half of the people in the village were outside watching.

Just sitting there, doctor Zhou felt his eyes twitch.

Bi Qing covered her mouth and smiled. She sighed at Bai Chen and Zhao Yan's good relationship, then came forward, under the pretext of taking care of Bai Chen's clothes, she pulled Bai Chen out of Zhao Yan's arms.

For newly engaged young couples, seeing that the other party cares about them so much, it's normal for them to jump over excitedly to hug and express their feelings.

The villagers standing outside and watching didn't feel anything. Most of their attention was still on the 18 sets of betrothal gift.

Because Zhao Yan is alone without any elders, he can only take over the matter of his marriage by himself. He can't stay into the late night like before they got engaged, but they can go out and talk privately to improve their relationship.

Doctor Zhou knew that the two were in a hurry so he had looked for an auspicious day a few days ago. The closest one is in half a month and the longest is almost half a year away.

As expected, as soon as he showed them these days, Bai Chen and Zhao Yan tacitly chose the nearest day. Although things might be a bit rushed, it's not a problem either.

After choosing the day, doctor Zhou and Ruan Ame laughed and teased the two. Then he got up and took Bai Chen and Zhao Yan to the kitchen.

They saw piles of red eggs packed in bamboo baskets piled up in the kitchen. There was also a palm-sized piece of pork beside the red egg.

This pork was ordered by doctor Zhou from a family in the village a few days ago. Doctor Zhou gives them silver, telling the other party to cut it into pieces. It was processed and delivered last night. It was also carefully pasted with the 囍 character that Bi Qing cut out from red paper two days ago.

Afraid that it will be too late to prepare it today, last night, Bi Qing and doctor Zhou hurriedly sorted out the pork after delivery.

"These engagement gifts were supposed to be given by the parents, but I have old arms and legs and can't move for long. You two are young and strong, you two can deliver it together to every household in the village to make everyone happy." Doctor Zhou picked up a bamboo basket and stuffed it into Zhao Yan's hands.

This is the custom in the village, when a family is engaged, they will have to give something to every household in the village to show it so everyone can celebrate together. Generally speaking, farmer families have limited things so everyone would just give 3 red eggs to each household to express themselves. But they prepared more, not only were there 6 red eggs in each basket, there's also an extra piece of pork.

That's a lot of expense.

"Thank you, father-in-law." Engaged already, with a justifiable relationship, Zhao Yan quickly changed the way he called him.

Hearing this title, doctor Zhou felt very relaxed. He waved his hands and told the two to hurry up and deliver the things and come back for lunch.

It is also common for new engagement couples to send engagement gifts together, so no one felt that there was anything wrong. The villagers, who were watching outside, saw the two coming out with baskets and understood it instantly. They all turn around and go home to wait.