Chapter 434: Mountain Beastman

Bai Yue reads the newspaper when she has nothing to do. She knows most of this kind of issue.

Lang Zhi: "Um..."

Sudden death... he didn't know what to say.

"The front is the bamboo forest. Follow me, don't fall behind." Langzhi said solemnly. Although he explained so, his hand was tightly holding Bai Yue's hand, and Bai Yue had no chance to fall behind.

"Yeah." Bai Yue replied, following the foot of Lang Zhi step by step, and explained to Lang Zhi: "Bamboo that has not grown yet is edible, called bamboo shoots. If we look at the roots of the bamboo, we should be able to find it."

"Bamboo roots?" Langzhi looked at the surrounding plants, and couldn't rest assured, said: "You are looking for bamboo shoots. I will check the environment."

"Yeah." Bai Yue nodded.

So the two cooperated in a division of labor, and Langzhi led the way while checking the environment, and Bai Yue followed him closely, looking for bamboo shoots along the way.

After not going far, she really saw the shadow of bamboo shoots.

"There!" Bai Yue jumped up in excitement, and took the hand of Langzhi and pulled it over there.

Langzhi looked over, wrapped an arm around his wife's waist, and walked over with her.

This is a bamboo shoot sprang from a bamboo growing on a stone surface. She saw several slender bamboo shoots growing on the rhizome covered by the edges and corners of the stone.

The bamboo shoots are completely different from the pictures that Bai Yue saw. The bamboo shoots in Bai Yue's impression are chubby, and these bamboo shoots are long and thin, standing on the ground like a few pencils.  The bamboo shoots are still yellow, showing that they are still immature in age.

As they approached, the body of the big bamboo swaying in the wind paused invisible, suddenly leaned back, and then suddenly drew towards them.

Langzhi immediately pulled Bai Yue behind him and held the bamboo pole as soon as he raised his hand. He wanted to break it directly, but when he thought of Guoguo's poem so similar to the orc, he sympathized with the plant for the first time. Feel sorry for it.

It is so rare to survive, and it seems too cruel to destroy it. 

The bamboo in Langzhi's hand shook like crazy, and Bai Yue was scared to hide behind Lang Zhi.

The strength in Langzhi's hand became heavier, and the bamboo pole made a cracking sound, and he didn't dare to move.

"We only want to take a few bamboo shoots. We didn't intend to take your life. If you can sense it, then stop attacking." Langzhi said suddenly.

"Puff!" A snorting laugh came from behind Langzhi. Bai Yue grabbed Langzhi's tail with one hand, and smirked with one hand covering her mouth: "You are so stupid!"

Even talking to plants.

Low-level plants naturally don't have the ability to communicate with orcs, but they have the ability to perceive danger. They are not opponents of the opponent, and they realize that the opponent has no intention to kill, and they really settle down and relax the dark energy of bamboo.

Langzhi loosened the bamboo, and the bamboo straightened up with a sound.

Langzhi turned his head helplessly and pinched Bai Yue's cheek: "Isn't this all right?"

Bai Yue slapped her tongue, nodded and said, "This bamboo is pretty smart."

When they came to the root of the bamboo, Bai Yue was about to reach out to pick it, but Langzhi stopped her hand.

"Just let me." Lang Zhi was afraid of danger, and stretched out his hand.

After plucking out all the bamboo shoots on this rhizome, Langzhi gathered them into a handful, and suddenly found a few mud-colored hairs on the bamboo shoots.

Twist the hair with two fingers, put it on the tip of his nose and sniffed it, Lang Zhi frowned.

"What's the matter?" Bai Yue looked up at the fur in Langzhi's hand: "Is there any animal here?"

"It's nothing." Lang Zhi replied absently.

He is afraid it is not an animal, but an orc, a mountain orc who has only appeared in books.