Chapter 442: Learn To Make A Fire

Looking closer, the nest of bamboo shoots really disappeared, leaving only a nest of semi-dry soil.

"Strange..." Bai Yue kicked the dirt on the ground.

She Ling leaned against the river, glanced at the mud, then at Bai Yue, and asked, "What's weird here?"

"Ah? It's nothing." Bai Yue thought that maybe it was picked up by an animal. It's normal in the wilderness.

She Ling spit out the letter, and found nothing unusual, so she continued to catch fish.

Soon, She Ling caught a whitebait with few spines and climbed onto the shore.

Bai Yue looked at the lively whitebait, and was thinking of an excuse that there was no fire, let him release it, but she saw She Ling passing a waterweed between the gill and the mouth of the fish and locked it by the river.

The fish flopped desperately in the water, but could not escape.

Then, She Ling found some withered grass nearby, picked up two stones everywhere, and hit it with a burst of flames and grilled the fish.

Bai Yue secretly admired the She Ling's survivability in the wild.

When the fire was on, She Ling sat far away, as if he was afraid of being roasted by the fire, he was even more afraid of the heat than the white bone vine.

Bai Yue thoughtfully went over to help add firewood, and when she had time, she learned to use stones to make fires.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey..." Bai Yue tapped more than a dozen times, and at most she saw a trace of sparks, and she couldn't make the sparks ignite the dead grass.

She Ling suddenly approached the fire and reached out and took away the stone in Bai Yue's hand.

"The percussion must be clever, the strength of the friction, the speed, and the touch are all very important." She Ling grinds the two stones for a while, and then quickly knocks, another string of sparks fly out and fall accurately on the white.  On the withered grass that Yue had prepared, it burned. 

"Wow!" Bai Yue was still amazed, forgetting that She Ling is a snake beast, and as soon as she reached out, she snatched the stone back: "I will try again."

There was another burst of "clang! Clang! Cang", Bai Yue still failed.

She Ling instructed on the side: "First grind a few times to grind out the powder. When it is struck, these powders will turn into fuel. When they are ignited together, the flame will be larger."

"It turned out to be like this." Bai Yue did the same immediately, pressing the two stones together and grinding them for a while, then knocked again.

"boom!"

A sound of flame quickly sounded, and then quickly disappeared, and a mushy smell floated in the air.

Bai Yue smiled in surprise and raised her head to She Ling said: "It's successful! I'm successful! I won't be afraid of getting hungry in the wild in the future by myself! Hehe..."

The female's brilliant smile was in front of her eyes, without the unapproachable look and feel of being protected by layers, she became more and more charming.

She Ling stared blankly for a while, then watched the reaction.

Bai Yue looked at She Ling for a long time, but didn't give him respond. Just stared at himself, calmed down immediately, and lowered her head.

She Ling returned to his senses, and the half of his body facing the flame immediately felt a scorching sensation. He just frowned and retreated to the original position without saying a word.

Bai Yue breathed a sigh of relief because of her distance, and asked courageously, "How do you know this? Don't you usually eat dry wood?"

She Ling said: "Sometimes when working for the boss in the wild, you have to find food instead, and it is safer to bake it then eat it."

"That's it." Bai Yue satisfied her curiosity and stopped talking.

Soon, the fish was cooked, and it was incomparable to the one that was grilled by Langzhi. Bai Yue only ate two symbolic bites, and the rest was eaten up by She Ling.