Chapter 503: Parasitic Cub

The group continued forward and reached the edge of the fern.

The ferns here are many times larger than the common ones. They are more than ten meters in height. The leaves are long and sharp, and the spores behind the leaves are looming when they are shaking.

There is a clear boundary between ferns and forests. This weird boundary has no grass and is orange-yellow soil.

The wolf sniffed a piece of soil, put it under his nose and sniffed, "It smells like a strong sulfur."

"Langzhi!" Hu Mitian suddenly called out the wolf with a vigilant voice.

Langzhi looked up and followed Hu Mitian's gaze.

On the yellow soil not far away, sat a black rat the size of a skull.

The mouse has keen senses, and they speak so loudly, the normal mouse should have gone away long ago, but it sits motionless, even a little tired.

Several people looked at each other and moved closer to the past with light steps.

One step, two steps, they are getting closer and closer to the mouse.

Finally everyone squatted around the mouse, and the mouse did not respond.

But after seeing the mouse's eyes clearly, Langzhi was slightly shocked: "This mouse is dead."

The mouse's eyes are gray and godless, like wax-carved eyes, and the hair on the body also shows signs of shedding.

Langzhi picked up the twigs and the mouse's hair, and it really fell off.

The mouse's body was hard-bang-bang, and with a strong jab, the skin thin as a cicada wing broke open, revealing a pale yellow stem-like object inside.

They immediately understood that this was the fate of the creatures parasitized by the spores.

"There is still a hand here." Ying Xuan with the best eyesight said suddenly, and walked over quickly.

The hand is small, and it can be seen that it belongs to a cub under five years old.  The hand stretched out from the fern, and the skin was gray and white, like a plant stem growing into the shape of a hand.  (Plant stems such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes. Inspired by Cordyceps sinensis.)

Lang Zhi was already the father of a litter of cubs. Seeing such a hand, his eyes showed unbearableness. He stretched out his hand and took the cub's whole body out.

"Be careful, he may still have spores." Hu Mitian nervously said.

Lang Zhi has dragged the cub out, and the child is hard-bang-bang, like a wood-carved person, with his eyes open. The eyeballs have no pupil color like a mouse, just a gray and white color.  Generally no different.

During the drag of the wolf, the child accidentally broke two fingers of the child, and the fingers were all stalks, even the bone core was invisible.

This cub was obviously parasitized earlier than the mouse, and young fern leaves had grown on its mouth and chest. I believe it will be integrated with this fern soon.

"There are spores everywhere here. It doesn't make any difference whether we touch it or not." Langzhi still looked at the child with a good look as he spoke, his eyes were full of pain: "It should be thirsty to drink water and be parasitic.."

Talking about Langzhi, he raised his hand, and a golden-blue flame emerged from the palm of his hand. It shook gently on the child, and the child burned like a petrol.

The surrounding ferns were grilled at a high temperature, and the leaves tremble, and the trembling range swayed like a wave.

The fern obviously discovered that they were not good at coming, and immediately showed hostility, and the atmosphere in the fern froze instantly.

"Yingxuan!" Tiger shouted loudly.

Yingxuan immediately transformed into a beast shape, spreading his wings and roaring to the sky: "Tweet—"