Tye Dillinger

Before you read this, trigger warning. Mentions of verbal abuse in this one. And remember that if you are being verbally abused........ I am truly sorry for you, I know what it's like to live in a dysfunctional family to.

"Do it, go ahead and hit me!" You scream at you stand in the kitchen. "I swear it'll be the last time you ever voluntarily see me." Your dad stands around a foot in front of you looking like he just might do it.

He doesn't move from his spot and you huff, you where about ten seconds away from bursting out crying right there from all the built up anger. Instead you grab your phone and push your father to the side, you head to the front door and slam it in your way out.

"H-hey Tye?" You ask as your best friend picks up the phone even though it was the middle of the night.

"Y/n?" Tye replies immediately. "Are you alright?" Is the first thing he asks you.

"Yeah I'm fine, can you come get me?" You ask him. "I swear if I spend another minute in this house someone's gonna get hit." You explain as you look back at the front door.

"Yeah of course, is your brother with you?" Tye asks.

You can hear him struggling to pull on his pants and find his car keys, it makes you feel good that he cares so much.

"No, he stayed at his friend Michael's house for the night, I'm suppose to get him tomorrow morning." You were sure as hell glad that your little brother had decided to hang out with a friend for the night.

"Good good." Tye nods, you hear his car door slam in the background. "I'm leaving right now." He tells you then hangs up the phone.

You pocket your phone and sit down in the grass in your yard, mosquitoes buzz around you as you text your mom what was going on. Minutes later Tye pulls up in his car, he gets out and jogs over to you.

"My hero." You exclaim in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"Hey, I'm glad you're alright." Tye pulls you into a small side hug. "Where's d/n?" He asks calling your dad by his real name.

"Inside." You reply. "Probably breaking shit." You sigh a little knowing you'll be the one to pick it all up later.

"Better plates and shit then you." Tye replies as you begin to walk to his car.

You nod when all of a sudden the front door to the house slams hard. You turn around to see your dad storm out onto the front lawn.

"I fucking knew it, where in the hell do you think you're going?" He yells as he strides your way.

Tye gets in front of you in an instant, you try to push past but he keeps you behind him.

"She's coming with me." Tye states blankly as he stares down your dad.

"Like hell she is, she's my daughter." Your dad yells as he steps up to Tye.

Your dad never liked Tye, when you met in Junior high he immediately was against your friendship. Once Tye learned the type of guy your dad was he immediately felt the same way.

"You know she might not be willing to call the cops on your ass but i sure as hell will." Tye threatens your dad.

"Yeah tough guy?" Your dad replies. "For what?" He challenges.

"It's called verbal abuse asshole." Tye replies. "I've heard enough stories and saved enough conversations to prove your ass guilty easy." You grab Tye's upper arm making him turn a little.

"Tye come on can we go?" You ask not wanting to see either man get physical.

"Yeah sure, he's not worth it anyway." Tye nods and pushes past your dad.

You climb into the car and watch as Tye does the same leaving your dad in the yard. Tye turns on the car and takes you back to his place.

"Sorry i got into a yelling match with him." Tye all of a sudden tells you as you two drive in silence. "I know you hate yelling." He recalls you breaking down into tears one time after he yelled at a video game.

"It's fine Tye." Your voice breaks a little. "I'm glad you were there." You admit as you look out the window to distract yourself.

"No problem. You could call me anytime and I'd drop everything to come get you, or b/n." Tye looks over at you, you look tired and physically exhausted.

The rest of the ride is silent and you make your way straight to Tye's couch when you get inside. Tye smiles as you plop down and puts his keys away. When he comes back you're fast asleep.

"Come on princess." He sighs as he lifts you up and puts you back down on his bed then covers you up and falls asleep next to you.

The next morning you wake up and remember what happened the night before, Tye is already up. You make your way into the kitchen to find Tye.

"Morning." You yawn and hug him from behind. "Thanks for letting me stay over." You thank him again.

"Anytime babe, you know I love you." Tye replies.

"Hmmm." You humm. "I love you to Tye." You nod your head.

That was eight years ago, you now sit on your couch with Tye asleep on your lap. You flip through a wedding magazine looking at flowers and other things, your wedding is in four weeks and you can't wait.

You haven't talked to your dad in a few years, once your brother graduated and moved out you stopped talking to him. You turn your engagement ring with your finger and think about the night you realized you loved Tye again. That night was the night your life changed.

Now you were engaged to that same dork that came to your rescue, the same man that was ready to fight your father on multiple occasions in your honor. Frankly you couldn't be happier.