Buddy Murphy

You stand in the hall with your microphone in hand, a shudder runs down your spine as soon as you see him walk your way. Lars Sullivan. To say the man gave you a bad vibe was an understatement, he made your skin crawl whenever you saw him.

"I'm standing by with one of the three men that will be in tonight's main event to determine who will be challenging Kofi Kingston for his championship at SummerSlam, Lars Sullivan." You look at the camera, bracing yourself for what's about to come.

"Y/N." Lars smiles that creepy ass smile at you, looking at you in a way you hated.

"Lars, how do you feel about your opponents tonight, in Roman Reigns and Buddy Murphy?" You ask him, swallowing hard.

Lars starts off on his opinions on his opponents, you stand still and try not to make any eye contact with the man. You can feel the heat coming off of him, which you hate. Then all of a sudden you feel a hand gently set on your arm on the opposite side of Lars.

"A pushover huh." You look to your side to see Buddy Murphy standing on your other side.

It's safe to say that you feel relieved that Buddy is there, if there was one man on the SmackDown roster that you didn't mind talking to, it was him.

"Murphy." Your tone changes in an instant. "What are your thoughts on tonight's match?" You ask, turning your body his way.

"Well Y/N, to start things off i think i'll be making sure to prove to this cave man that i'm much more than just some pushover." Murphy smirks down at you. "And as far as Roman Reigns goes, well he's not a threat." He confidently grins.

You conclude the interview and watch as Lars stomps off, with him gone you shake off your bad feeling and find that Murphy hadn't wandered off yet.

"Let me guess, he gives you the creeps?" He grins at you.

"More than you can imagine." You nods your head, a shiver running down your spine again.

"Can't argue with that doll, he gives me the creeps and i'm almost as big as him. Not some gorgeous and defenseless interview girl." He smirks.

"You flirting with me Murphy?" You raise a brow at the Australian native.

"Maybe." Buddy shrugs. "Let me know if he bothers you." Buddy nods down the hall, referring to Lars. "I'd be happy to kick his ass for you." He winks down at you.

"Don't write checks your mouth can't cash Buddy, i might just take you up on that." You laugh a little before you head off to your next assignment.

You and Murphy had this unspoken attraction since the day he was brought to SmackDown, the two of you just clicked when you were near each other. Sure neither of you had acted on it, yet. But damn if you didn't want to.

Later in the night you're hanging out near catering watching New Day out in the ring before the main event when Lars happens to show up again. You know he has eyes on you when all of a sudden you get an uneasy feeling. You turn around and sure enough, Lars is headed your way.

"Hello again Y/N." Lars looks down at you.

"Hi." You squeak out. "Something you need." You ask in a quiet voice.

Lars is about to reply when someone steps in front of you again, you immediately recognize it as Murphy.

"Get lost mate, can you see you're freaking the girl out?" Buddy holds one hand behind him, warning you to stay back just in case.

"I'm getting real tired of you." Lars replies, his face scrunched into a scowl.

"Yeah well the feelings mutual man." Buddy rolls his eyes. "I'm warning ya, stop stalking the poor girl." He warns Lars, poison in his words.

Lars once again huffs angrily and walks off, prompting Buddy to turn around to see how you are doing. You look at little shaken about the whole thing.

"Man, he just won't quite will he." Buddy sighs, sitting down with you. "You alright doll?" He asks you, voice softening slightly.

"Yeah i'm okay." You nod your head, a blank expression on your face. "Thanks again Buddy." You nod at him.

Buddy lingers for a second, you were being a little to emotionless for his taste. Usually you were keen to make some snarky comment when he was around, or flirt a little to lighten the mood. But this time it was different.

"I'm gonna kick his ass later." Buddy mumbles to himself. "Y/N, mind if i hang with you until my match?" He asks you, speaking up a little.

"Sure." You nod your head.

The fact that Lars wasn't going to leave you be anytime soon was starting to set in. You had no means to defend yourself from the man, let alone tell him no. But there was something about Murphy that made it better, like you knew Lar's wouldn't dare come near you if he was around.

"Can i take you up on that offer of kicking his ass now?" You speak up after a few minutes of silence.

"Sure thing." Buddy nods his head lightly. "And after that, i think that it's finally time i take you out on a proper date." He sends a smile your way.

"Yeah?" You reply. "That sounds great." You agree to the date.

"Perfect." Murphy gets up to head to his match.

You manage to stop him and pull him down to your level by the arm gently, you press a small kiss to his cheek before he goes.

"For good luck." You grin at him.

Murphy nods and heads out to the ring for his match. You hang back and watch every minute out it. With Roman's help, Buddy beats Lar's into a pulp. Making sure he got his message across. Of course Roman then rolls Buddy up for a win, not that he minded. Once the bell rings you wait by the curtain for Murphy to come through it.

"There he is." You grin at him as he walks over to you. "My hero." You settle for a hug from Murphy to celebrate.

"Told you i'd kick his ass, now i'm gonna go change. So be prepared for the best night of your life doll." Murphy teases you.

You nod and let him go, knowing that his statement was likely to be 100% true.