Drew Gulak

You look at the envelope in your hand with a curious whim, you knew that it was the info on whether or not you'd been attending this years hall of fame ceremony with, and if so, who with. Every year you always managed to go with someone, whether it be Humberto last year, or a friend you managed to get to go with you.

This year on the other hand, it was looking like you'd be forced to go alone. Humberto locked in a date with one of the NXT girls that you forgot the name of. This meant that your best friend, and business partner/client wouldn't be your plus one.

A knock comes at the door a few seconds later so you drop the invite on the bed and walk over to the hotel room door.

"Y/N." You open the door to find Drew Gulak, one half of Humberto's new mentors smiling at you. "Is Humberto around?" He asks as he glances back into the room behind you.

"No." You shake your head. "He went out shopping for a new suit that matches his dates for the Hall Of Fame tomorrow night." You try not to sound sorry for yourself, as it looked liked you weren't even going to go yourself.

"He's not taking you?" Drew replies with furrowed brows.

"Nope." You step out of the way of the door so Drew can come in.

Afterall, there was no use for the two of you to talk at the doorway anyway. Drew gets the hint and steps into the room.

"He got a date with one of the NXT girls, so i'm out of a plus one." You shrug your shoulders and pick the invite back up, intent on throwing it away.

"Oh." Drew nods his head. "Want me to take you?" He all of a sudden asks.

Your head looks up from your hands, not sure if you heard Drew right. He tilts his head a bit as you looked confused.

"It's really no trouble, i usually go alone anyway." He insists, you remain silent again.

"Really?" You finally manage to speak up.

"Yeah sure." Drew nods his head. "I mean, Humberto ditched you, so why not?" He shrugs. "We seem to get along well enough, i don't see why we couldn't go together." You try and hide the wide smile playing at your lips.

Drew was asking you out on a date. When you first met Drew you found him a bit annoying, and bossy. But over the months that you'd been around him with Humberto, the older male had managed to grow on you.

"That be great, thanks." You accept the offer, not being able to hide the smile on your face.

"No problem." Drew nods his head. "Figured it was about time i brought a date to one of these events anyway. And Tell Humberto i've been looking for him when he gets back." Drew walks back over to the door and smiles at you as he leaves.

You wait until he's gone to express the emotions currently running wild in your brain. Your first thought is to run to your luggage and see if you brought any nice dresses with, or if you needed to go shopping after all.

Low and behold you find a very pleasing black dress in the bottom of your suitcase. Backless with a heart shaped neckline that was sure to kill as formal wear. You decide that was good enough and pair it with a pair of heels that you brought with you just in case. A little bit later in the day Drew ends up calling you.

"Hey Y/N, i was just wondering if you were planning on wearing a certain color dress tomorrow." He asks you after you pick up the phone. "I just wanted to make sure that we at least matched." You can hear the smile on his face through the phone.

"I've got a killer black dress to wear." Is your answer, smiling like an idiot yourself. "So feel free to pick what you want." You laugh a little bit at the light mood.

"Noted." Drew replies. "I'll pick you up at 7 then?" He asks you.

"Yeah sure, see you then." You agree to the time and hang up the phone.

In the meantime, Drew hangs up his phone and nods his head at his luggage.

"Black." He speaks aloud to himself as he looks as his array of suits.

"What was that?" Jack replies on the other side of the room.

"Oh nothing." Drew shakes his head. "I'm taking Y/N to the Hall of Fame ceremony tomorrow night." He explains as he examines one of his nice black suits on his bed.

"With Y/N?" Jack furrows his brows. "Since when are the two of you hanging out?" He asks Drew.

"Since Humberto stood her up for some NXT girl." Drew grins. "She wasn't even gonna go until i offered to be her date." Drew proudly states.

"So you're taking a girl thats almost ten years younger than you, not to mention way out of your league out on a date tomorrow?" Jack shakes his head. "Instead of going with me?" He fakes being hurt by the news.

"Yes." Drew nods his head and smooths out his suit. "And by the way, age shouldn't have anything to do with this." He reminds Jack.

Jack shakes his head again and lets Drew go back to arguing with himself over what to wear on the date.

The next day you finish up getting ready for the ceremony, curling the last strand of hair that frames your face. You decided to put your hair up in a sort of bun, but let a few curled pieces hang down to frame your face. That paired with the backless dress and some booted that you decided on instead of heels, you were ready to go.

A knock comes at the door a few minutes later and you gather your phone then head over to it. You slide open the door to find Drew waiting for you, dressed in a dark navy suit and wearing a look of awe on his face.

"Evening." Drew almost stutters as he looks at your outfit. "Wow, you look....wow." He shakes his head.

"Thanks." You grin. "You look good to." You compliment the sharp suit he wears.

"Yeah thanks, but you look 20 times better than me." Drew breathes out.

You giggle a little and Drew snaps out of his little state and holds his arm out for you to take.

"Shall we then?" He asks you politely.

"We shall." You nod and take his arm.

You head out to the arena loving every minute of it. The people taking photos and whispering among themselves at you and Drew. The stares from people at you, then at Drew. The whole night is like magic. And to think you almost skipped it.