Jordan Devlin

Today was a good day for you, you had finally convinced your favorite cousin Finn to let you come to one of his training sessions down at the performance center. You'd always wanted to meet the guys down there that Finn spent so much time helping perfect their craft so they could be as popular and successful as him.

"You know i still don't know why you want to come along so bad." Finn glances over at you smiling ear to ear in the passenger seat of the car.

"Are you kidding me?" You reply, the grin not fading from your face. "I love wrestling as much as you do Finn, I just didn't choose it as a career path is all. Plus you know i'm way to accident prone to do anything remotely as athletic as all of you guys do." You wave the cast on your lower arm for emphasis.

"Yeah yeah." Finn shakes his head. "Just be prepared to be bored all day." He warns you as he pulls the car into the parking lot of the performance center.

You wave your cousin off and get out of the car with pep in your step. Being a wrestler was one of your dreams when you were a kid. That was until you figured out that you had the athletic capability of a chicken nugget and a bad habit of tripping over your own feet. So when you figured out that wrestling wasn't going to pan out if you wanted to live past 25, cooking called your name.

"Well it certainly smells like a gym in here." You comment as soon as you walk through the doors of the building, the stench of sweat hitting you hard.

"That's the smell of hard work." Finn grins, not affected by the smell at all. "Come on, they'll be waiting for us." He leads you over to one of the rings in the corner of the gym, quieter than the rest of it.

You follow Finn as he weaves through all the people and rings set up until he gets to the back corner, a pristine ring stares at you from a few feet away. And inside that ring a handsome looking man around your age stares at you from above.

"Jordan." Finn speaks up from behind you. "This is my cousin Y/N, she's here to observe for the day." He explains as he gestures to you next to him.

You watch as the man that Finn referred to as Jordan jumps down from in the ring and approaches you with a grin. He takes your hand and kisses the back of it, making you blush.

"Jordan Devlin love, it's a pleasure to meet you." He grins up at you.

You blush a little and chuckle to yourself, taking your hand back from his gentle grasp. Finn rolls his eyes next to you and clears his throat.

"Try not to get to distracted by her mate." Finn shoots Jordan a look which makes the younger man perk up slightly.

"Right, sorry Finn." Jordan nods his head and steps back into the ring.

Finn starts rambling on about the routine for the day, you tune it out and take a glance around the room. People all throughout the room talk and work around you. You feel like a kid in a candy store seeing all the impressive feats of athleticism and strength going on around you. Your attention gets turned back to the ring in front of you when someone hits the ground near you.

"Take five then." Finn goes to walk off for a moment.

You turn your attention back to Jordan as he leans on the ropes above you, you smile up at him as you know he's about to start asking you questions.

"So, where are you from love?" He asks you. "If you don't mind me asking." He grins down at you from the ring.

"I grew up in America, moved around a lot." You are happy to explain why you didn't have the irish accent like Finn. "My mom is from America also, that's why i don't talk in an accent." You go ahead and assume that's why Jordan asks.

"Ah." Jordan nods his head. "An American huh." He again grins down at you. "Lovely." You blush a little and shake our your cast again out of habit.

"What happened to the arm?" Jordan glances down at the bulky blue cast on your arm.

"Broke it in a cooking accident." You reply, looking down at the cast in hate.

"Cooking accident?" Jordan furrows his brows curiously. "How'd that happen?" He asks you.

"Oh i may or may not have dropped a pot of boiling water on the floor then proceeded to slip on said water and break my arm." You recall the incident in vivid detail.

"Ah, not so light on your feet are ya love." Jordan chuckles.

"Not in the slightest." You laugh also.

"No shame in that love." Shrugs his shoulders. "I find clusty woman to be incredibly adorable. Increases the chances of me being a knight in shining armor. And i bet your cook on hell of a meal." Jordan winks at you.

"Maybe you should come over sometime and find out then." You wink right back at him, heat filling your cheeks.

"Sounds like a plan love." Jordan nods his head and slips down to the floor from the ring.

You hand over your phone and Jordan puts his number in it for you, and you do the same to his. Once you're both done exchanging numbers Finn just so happens to get back from his little trip somewhere else in the building.

"Alright Devlin, enough flirting. Get back to work." Finn shakes his head at his trainee and hops up to the ring.

You spend the rest of the day enjoying yourself being able to watch Finn work with Jordan and some other people that end up coming around later in the day. After Finn drops you back off at your place you get a text from Jordan.

- You free Saturday night? 8 oclock?

- Sure am! Favorite Meal? Looking forward to seeing you.❤😘

-Likewise gorgeous.♥♥😍😍😘

You shut off your phone grinning like an idiot. You had a fantastic day living out your childhood dream, and you managed to score a date with an A+ man.