Chapter 5

Quick Note: Sorry if times are messed up like when they have lunch or when they get out of school, I'm just not very precise. Oh and just so ya know a week has passed since the library, and Tomboo hasn't talked. Bare with me people :)

Ranboo POV

Next Friday ~ 10:30
The bell rang and I packed up my stuff to head to nutrition. This past week I had sat alone at nutrition, but it was only ten minutes long. So I didn't mind. I walked out of the classroom and then saw Tommy walking in the hallway. Part of me wanted to go hug him and say hi, but the other told me I should keep my distance. I hadn't really talked to him in literally a week, since last Friday in the library.

Trusting the second half of me, I walked the opposite way and found a bench to sit on. Right when I had sat down Tommy texted me. It was like the millionth text that week, and he was probably wondering where I was. I continued to just ignore it and scrolled through my Twitter feed instead. I guess I just wanted to keep a safe distance from Tommy, because I didn't want to develop deeper feelings.

At 10:39 I got up from the bench and made my way to my fifth period. I decided I'd get a head start so I could sit near the back.

Just as the bell rang, I was entering my class. I immediately headed to the back corner, taking a seat. I knew Tommy had this class as well, which is why I wanted to sit in the back so he wouldn't see me.. As people started coming in and filling up seats, I looked towards the window. It was a pretty site, the school garden. It seemed peaceful, carefree, and it was beautiful.

I was interrupted when I felt the glare of eyes on me, I turned my head to then see Tommy. "What do you want?"

"Well hello to you too King." I sighed then he continued, "well, first you don't text me when I give you my number. And then I text you every day of the week and you ignore me like I don't exist."

"I've been busy lately. I had to catch up on homework since I just moved, sorry. Now go take a seat, theres one over there." I pointed to a seat near the far right, about four seats down.

"Oh....okay." He then walked away to sit down. He looked sad or upset.

I knew I was being a little cold, but I just didn't want to get hurt. And every time I flirted with him or held him too tight or something that made him think I was getting too close, he'd remind me that he's straight. I knew he was, but I still liked him regardless. I felt bad about what I was doing, but you had to see it from my point of view too. I don't want to get hurt.

Tommy POV

10:45 ~ Beginning of Fifth Period
Did I do something wrong? I don't understand why he's being so bland.

I looked over to Ranboo, but he was looking at the teacher listening to the boring lecture. I couldn't get a good read on him, like was he mad or was he just really trying to focus? Had he really just been busy and he wasn't really ignoring me? Not that it matters. I then turned my attention to the front of the room and too listened to the boring lecture.

Time Skip ~ 12:00pm

Tommy POV

I quickly picked up my backpack since I hadn't really taken anything out, and I looked over at Ranboo. He was slowly and carefully putting his things into his own bag. I had him in other classes this past week, but I just didn't have the guts to confront him. I didn't want to be pushy.

It was Friday now, and it had been a whole week, it was now or never. Though I didn't know if I should walk over and try to hang with him during lunch, or if I should give him space incase he was upset. Which I also didn't know what he could be upset about. However, I did want him to be around me like I wanted to be around him. I decide I'd just apologize and then walk away. Yeah, it'll be fine.