Chapter 8

Tommy POV

Sunday ~ 5:11
I was laying in bed, with my head under the covers. I was dreading the known time when Tubbo would come through my window, and I'd have to act like everything was sunshine and rainbows. The truth was that....I was still in my gloomy state. Yeah, I had been going to school....but I was still hurting. Whether I hid it well or not, Tubbo didn't seem to notice. I figured one way to avoid the subject of what I was so upset about was to start the coverations my self. This also helped to convince Tubbo I was totally past the whole....1929 thing (as he put it).

About 20 minutes passed, and Tubbo still hadn't come. I couldn't tell if I was a little happy that I wouldn't have to put on my act....or disappointed he didn't come see me. Well, there had to be a reason why. He'd never just leave me hanging. Plus, now I can stay in bed longer. Yeah, this could be good.

I fell asleep instantly, and it was quite nice because I hadn't slept in a few days. Though luckily, it didn't show too much in my face.

Around an hour passed when my phone started ringing. It was 6:20 now and Tubbo was calling.

"Hello?" I said still half asleep.

"Hey there Big Man! Whatcha up to?" He asked, almost busting my eardrums.

"Nothin....I was just nappin. Why what's up with you?"

"Oh not much, just chillin with me pal Ranboo...." I swear I could hear the smile on his face as he said it.

I didn't respond right away, because I hadn't heard his name in a while. And I was still shocked by the name, I also had to admit....I still got butterflies when I heard it. "Uhm......okay....cool I guess...so why'd you call me....?"

"Oh well he fell asleep, and I'm pretty bored so I was wondering if you wanted to come over and hang. I can text you the address." He sounded slightly nervous when he had replied, but also very enthusiastic as usual.

I was stuttering as I slowly replied, "Uh- well it's kinda late and....he probably doesn't want to see me...."

"Pffffft- whatever. I'm sure he'd love to see you.....and I know you want to see him, I've heard you whisperin his name in your sleep....kinda sus if you ask me."

"I didn't ask you....but okay Tubs....I'll come. But if he wakes up....I'm leavin." I replied rolling my eyes, and even though he couldn't see it, I'm sure he knew.

"Alright, I've already sent you the address, see ya soon loverboy." And with that he hung up.

I sighed,...welp guess that means I've gotta get ready. I quickly went to take a shower, and when I got out I changed into some random clothes. I didn't really care what I was wearing. With that I slipped on some slides and socks, and grabbed some change I had on my desk. Then i headed to the bus stop, because I didn't want to walk. I only waited around five minutes till the bus got there, and then I hopped on and told him my stop.

Around 7, I had got off the bus and walked to the building written on the address sent. I went in and then up two flights of stairs. Then as I was standing behind the door of what was Ranboo's apartment, my heart beat started to speed up rapidly.

Is he....mad?....Has he been hurting just as much as I have...or not at all....

With that, I knocked on the door and heard footsteps slowly approaching. I was praying it was Tubbo....

I think I made a mistake in comming....I'm not ready to face him.

Then the door opened as I was greeted by the small familiar brunette, "Hey there, come on in."

I walked in and he led me to what looked like the living room. I sat down on a couch next to him, and he turned his attention to the screen. I however, glanced around the room to see where Ranboo was. I didn't see him anywhere though, so I decided to ask Tubbo where he was, "Uh-.....Tubbo, where is Ranboo?"

"Didn't I tell you? He's sleeping."

"Well, where is he I don't see him..." I asked looking around once more.

"Of course you don't see him....he went to his bed to sleep more comfortably. However if you want to watch him sleep so badly, his room is down the hall and the second door to the right." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes turning my attention to the screen as I said, "Don't be dum Tubbo, I was just wondering where he was."

He hummed in mockery of me as he continued watching. I watched too, though my focus clearly lied somewhere else....I would occasionally...or more, constantly glance down the hallway, wondering if he'd come out....or how he was doing.

"If your that curious go see for yourself." He didn't need to tell me twice....I didn't care if Tubbo was mocking me, I just wanted to see how he'd been...

I walked down the hall quickly and turned into the room, as I shut the door behind me when entering. He was still sleeping.....at least I think so. I couldn't really tell however because he had his sunglasses on.

I sat on the edge of his bed, right by his feet that were covered by his comforter. I just watched him as his chest moved slowly up and down, in sync with his breathing. It was calming......he looked at ease.

Guess he's holding up better than me....I guess it didn't effect him as much.....

I continued watching him sleep, even knowing that he could wake up at any moment and see me. I knew I would look kind of creepy, but I didn't care. Eventually my eyes grew heavy, as I watched how he slept so peacefuly. I curled up at the edge of his feet and then drifted off to sleep.

It was around 8:30pm when I awoke, and he was still sleeping. Dam, I wonder why he's so tired. Suddenly I felt him shift, and he sat up. He looked around, and then his glance stopped at me....

"Toms?.....What're you doin here?" He asked quietly with his deep, raspy, and yet....cute, tired voice.

"I- uhm- I was just leaving actually...." I quickly got up, but before I could make my way out, I was pulled back down. This time I was held closely to the boys chest, his arms wrapped around me, and his head in between the crook of my neck. He was obviously still half asleep. I blushed, and I tried to get up, but struggled to break his grip. So, I just stayed there.....I got under the covers and I turned to face him. I wrapped my arms around him, leaned my head on his chest.....and then fell back asleep.

He hugged me tightly as he said, "My light. I knew you'd come......"

I knew it was wrong to have gotten into the bed with him while he was still technically unaware of what was happening, but.....I just wanted to feel him......and I didn't want to let go...........not again.

1,203 words
Thanks for reading <3