Chapter 16

Tommy POV

Wednesday ~ 7:58am
As I walked into my 1st period, the bell rang. I saw Ranboo sitting in the back corner on his phone.

I walked over to him, "Who you textin?"

He got startled and I laughed.

"No one" he said, as he turned his attention back to his phone.

"I'm sorry about earlier, I just....it's complicated. I'll tell you during nutrition, wait for me?....please?" People were starting to come in now, and there was 2 minutes till class began.

I knew he was upset, but class started soon. So I'd explain later.

He didnt respond to me, he just put away his phone and turned to look out the window. I leaned close to his ear and whispered, "I'm sorry cutie, I'll tell you everything later. Just wait for me okay?"

He blushed red and nodded. I kissed his cheek quickly, and chuckled. Then I sat in the seat next to him.

The teacher, started the lecture, and Ranboo turned his attention forward. He was taking notes and everything he was supposed to do. I knew this because I was staring at him. Occasionally, he'd look at me too and everytime he did I'd wink. Then he'd look away, a new coat of pink blush covering his cheeks each time.

Time Skip ~ 9:57am

We were around more than halfway through class, and apparently the teacher, George Davidson had noticed me staring...

"Tom, if you don't mind turning your attention to me instead of Ranboo, I think your grade would improve some." Mr.Davidson said.

I rolled my eyes and looked at him, "Actually, I would mind. This boys much more handsome qnd interesting than you qnd your lecture, so I'd rather keep my attention on him."

I saw Ranboo turn to look at me with a deep red blush as he whispered, "Stop Tommy, you'll get in trouble."

I just winked and blew him a kiss. At this point, his whole face was red. He looked away and at his notes.

"Tom! Come sit up here, or go to the principals office." Mr. Davidson pointed to a desk he had moved right next to his own.

Well, I didn't want to go see the principal thats for sure. His name was Clay, but everyone called him Mr.D. They say the D is for Davidson because he and Mr. Davidson got some stuff going on.......but he says it stands for Dream. Either way, he's kinda intimidating and I'd rather not go see him.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag. Then before I walked away I winked at Ranboo and loudly said, "Goodbye cutie! I'll see you later."

Then I walked over and took a seat at the desk next to the teachers. Mr. Davidson, then continued his lesson....and I just continued what I'd been doing.

I starred at Ranboo again, and he obviously noticed. He was still red, and when his eyes met mine he shook his head slowly. I laughed quietly and blew him another kiss. He rolled his eyes, then averted his attention to the teacher.

Mr. Davidson, had noticed me still staring, but I don't think he cared anymore, cause he didn't say anything about it.

Time Skip ~ 10:35am

When the bell rang I quickly grabbed my bag, not taking my eyes off of Ranboo. He was carefully putting away his stuff. I was walking towards him when I was stopped.

It was Mr. Davidson. I rolled my eyes, "Did you need something Mr. Davidson?"

"Tom, I just wanted to remind you that you should keep up your grades. Cause if you don't...detentions right around the corner." He then walked away.

Wow, I'm so scared.

I walked over to Ranboo as I rolled my eyes. He had finished packing his stuff and was waiting for me.

"Awe, thanks for waitin~" I teased.

"What was that about?" He asked referring to the teacher.

"Oh he was just telling me to keep up my grades." I shrugged.

"You do need to keep them up Toms, otherwise your gonna have to stay after school, that means less time for us to hang out." He fake sighed teasingly.

I huffed, "Yeah, okay. Then tonight you can tutor me smart ass."

I booped his nose and then we walked out. I tried lacing my fingers with his, but he pulled them away.

"Your not that mad are you?" I asked frowning.

"Well.....I don't know. You make it hard to stay mad at you.....but we're in the halls. So people could see us." He put his hands in his pockets.

"Who gives a shit what people think or see. I just want to hold your hand.....please?" I gave him pleading eyes.

He didn't reply. He just kept walking. I huffed upset.

We walked outside, and sat on a bench behind a tree. Once we sat, I clung onto him. I held his arm and leaned onto him. He didn't do anything though.

"So, are you gonna explain....or what?" He asked, not looking at me.

"Yes, I will if I can have your attention please...." As I said that, he turned to face me, then I took his glasses off him, "I couldn't tell if you were looking at me" I said smiling.

He scoffed, "Yeah right you just wanted to see my eyes."

"Yeah, I did" He blushed lightly and then I continued, "...look, I'm sorry that I just ran away like that. I shouldn't of been so aggresive and pushed you away....I also shouldn't have yelled.....it's just that, my dad is back home from his business trip. And I haven't come out to anyone but you and Tubbo. I didn't want him to catch me so close with you.......I- I'm sorry Ranboo."

"...Th- That's okay Toms, I understand. It's just that you worried me when you started running......and when you pulled away so suddenly yelling, I thought you didn't want people to see us holding hands or acting close......y'know?" He looked down.

"Is that why you didn't hold my hand in the hall?......you thought I was doing it to make you feel better?..." I asked, and he nodded still looking down. I could tell I had made him feel bad....

I reached for his hand and laced our fingers together with my left hand. With my right, I cupped the side of his cheek. He looked down at me, "I'm sorry Ranboo. I really like you. I don't want you to think otherwise. I love to hold your hand and be close to you. Mkay?"

He nodded, and I kissed his cheek. He wrapped his arms around me. "I really like you too Toms. And I'll come over after work to tutor you. We gotta go now Toms, it's 10:43. "

I just hummed in reply....but I didn't break the hug. We stayed like that for another couple seconds, and then we pulled apart.

"I'll see you later Ranboo." I said smiling.

He nodded, and we sat up from the bench. He grabbed my hand and laced it with his own. He kissed my hand and then smiled. I blushed and my heart fluttered. I smiled back, and then we went our separate ways. As I was walking I turned back to see him. He had turned back to look at the same moment I had. We just waved to each other.

I really like Ranboo....I'm just too scared to pursue anything further than the flirty friendship we share now.

1,236 words
Thx for reading!
:)