Chapter 180

Tommy POV

We'd visited a bunch of places after Coffee Bee. Like the plaza, arcade, dinner, the flower field of Valentines- Jeez, I mean you could name a place and we'd gone there. And while being able to visit the UK and our friends and family was literally the best- It was also quite great to have returned back to Massachusetts.

I know it sounds odd, that I'd be excited about returning, but- Ranboo got me- er- us, a dog! I named him Shroud after the stuffed spider Ranboo had got me before at the old amusement park. Shroud is a black and white mixed breed of a husky and chow chow. He's a small puppy right now, but soon he'll grow up and get bigger. He's really cute and has two foggy ocean eyes.

Finally our yard would be used for something. Though I was gonna convince Ranboo to let him inside sometimes. Plus, he's already poddy trained and he knows simple commands. I'm sure he'll be good with kids too- For like uh- The future.

Who knows what our future holds, y'know?

Year 3. ~ "In three years you'll take me to San Francisco. Finally I'd get to explore all your memories as little baby Ranboo."

Ranboo POV

Saturday ~ 07.04.26 - 9:32am
Tommy had thought we'd spend Summer here in Massachusetts instead of traveling or going back to the UK. Especially after we'd both had our 21st birthdays this past school year and we'd went nack to the UK twice for the noth of those.

So, the first month of Summer was just us living at home with a break from school. Though, now that I was finally ready- I was taking him to San Francisco, California. My home city, the place I'd grown up.

He said he wanted to know the good and the bad- So I hope he meant it. Cause we were now landing back here...where my roots were planted.

I would stay with my parents, but- Well, they're not exactly the most welcoming sort of people. So, we're staying in a cozy motel close to the town I lived in when I was a child.

If I'm completely honest- I don't think there's much to show as far as family goes. Family refers to blood relatives and if it were that simple there would be no problem. But I can't possibly see those people as family. So... If I can't show him much of my "family", I can show him some certain places... certain memories.

I'd just got up out of bed, Tommy fast asleep beside me. I sighed glancing out the window, looking at the... I'd say familiar town but I guess I'd suppressed the thoughts so much that now, it wasn't so memorable.

My head dropped down to my hands as I softly mutter, "You're supposed to be over this...."

A soft yawn and rustling of the sheets, "And you are. But that doesn't mean that these things won't still bother you." He put his hand on my back, "I know you're being strong, but we can take things slow. I'm grateful enough you've brought me here." He gently rub my back, "Head up, my love."

I sighed and lifted my head up, "I only did it so I could get a look at your face."

He chuckled then smiled, "So where to?"

I knew just the spot to start with. Though it may be tough to go to this pla- well actually all the places- I think I can be strong for a summer.

Time Skip ~ 12:21pm

After breakfast we'd gotten ready and began our walk. First stop.... I wouldn't normally call it this, but- home.

As we turned the corner onto the street where I'd once reside, I subconsciously tightened my grip ever so slightly in Tommy's hand.

He rub my hand gently with his thumb, "You o-"

"I'm fine, promise." I smile.

He nodded smiling back to me. Then I looked forward and saw it. At the end of the street was a dead end, and my childhood home to the left of it.

I point with my free hand to the small beaten down property, "There. I grew up there."

I'd wondered if I knocked would they recognize me? If I took this chance to reach out would they be welcoming? What had become of them...

Closure.

Something we always feel we need. A relieving thing, reassuring thing. But maybe moving forward may be better.

So forget closure. I got that through moving on, I'm happy now. And all I hope for the two of you is-

"That you can be well off." That mumbled, smiling softly.

I'd never say they were much of a sort of parents, but they did provide for what it's worth. I guess, I turned out okay. Though no thanks to them, I will say...

In whatever way it was, they've contributed to who I am today. And even if it's the trauma or fear- or the negative aspects of my life... I know I wouldn't be the same without it.

It's not as much as a thankyou as it is just- recognition? I don't know...

Maybe just- my own sort of closure? I'm moving on, so I hope they can too. That they're okay. Even if they didn't love me as they should've, it doesn't mean I have to resent them forever.

So though I don't technically forgive nor love or like them... I've come to peace with what it was. You two were screwed up, and I get it...

"Cool." Tommy said then looked to me, "I didn't think this would be the first stop- I'm not sure what to say. But since you muttered something under your breath I take it you're taking this- well, actually alright."

I nodded, "Mhm... Now c'mon. I know a few more-"

Out walked a woman from the house. She appeared rather similar looking to my biological mother.

Tommy saw and looked to me, "Is that-"

I let a laugh escape me, "I thought so" Then I sighed smiling as the woman began to water her plants, "But no... Whatever happened, I suppose they too- moved on."

It was simply another woman.

"Hm," he hummed, "Then what is it you were saying?"

I looked to him finally, "I know a few places I wouldn't mind showing you. Shall we?"

"If you're ready, I'm ready." He squeezed my hand reassuringly.

We turned away, and I didn't bother to look back. Moving on is all we can do sometimes. Because closure won't always be an option or possible thing to gain- but it's okay.

We can find closure within ourselves.

1114 words
Surprised?
I'm sorry.
I'll try to give you all some closure with this book. Truth is I moved on from it because I'd already found my own closure with my purpose of writing. But I keep my promises.
So as I said, more soon, when soon comes.